Ever found anything unpleasant or suspicious in your food? Well, a woman from Seremban was shocked to find a used adhesive bandage (or commonly known as plaster) in her nasi lemak, which was served to her by a local Malaysian airline recently. Yuck!
Tay, 33, said that the incident occurred on the 6th of January 2014 at about 10am, while she was on the plane ride from Kuala Lumpur heading towards Labuan.
“When I was served the nasi lemak, I didn’t notice anything wrong with it. However, after finishing almost 80 percent of the nasi lemak, I suddenly came across something that looked suspicious.”
“At first, I thought it was just a piece of sotong in the sambal on my nasi lemak. After I found out that it was a used plaster, I felt disgusted and nauseous,” she told Sinar Harian.
She then called for the head of the cabin crew on duty for that flight to see for himself the unpleasant discovery that was found in her nasi lemak.
However, the response she received was disappointing. The head of the cabin crew wasn’t very helpful and he only requested for her to make a written complaint to the airlines.
“Until today, I’ve been waiting for a proper explanation from the airline company,” she said. Losing her patience, she then resulted to exposing the incident to the media.
“It’s not about the money or compensation that I’m after. A simple apology from them would suffice. I hope that stricter action will be taken and that nobody else would experience the same thing I went through.
“Luckily, I didn’t have any serious health issues except for a little skin allergies after consuming that nasi lemak. However, I still feel very traumatized and I would think twice about using the service by that particular airline company again,” she added.
State legislative assembly representative for Rahang, Mary Josephine met Tay and mentioned that they will be ready to help out with the complaint in all aspects.
“Such negligence cannot be accepted. The reputation of the country will be affected if tourists face similar situations.
“We urge the relevant parties to pay serious attention to the matter and we are allowing them one week to get back to us regarding the issue,” she mentioned.
All of us should start looking through our food closely before indulging, just to be safe. What would you do if you were in that lady’s shoes?