Holiday parties are probably already filling up your calendars during this feel-good time of the year and if it isn’t one with a theme whereby ugly sweaters are involved, it’s usually filled with sparkles, dresses, and bubbly. Each opportunity to mingle comes with a different dress code, and you surely do not want to risk a holiday breakdown due to the frustrations that come with getting ready. Here are 5 looks, classified by the type of holiday party:
The edgy metallic midi skirt offsets the femininity of the off-shoulder bodysuit and this combo is perfect for impressing your SO’s parents or showing up at family affairs without looking overdone or too eccentric.
1. Missguided Pink Tie Side Slinky Bardot Bodysuit (RM115)
2. Velvet Pleat Midi Skirt (RM360)
3. Something Borrowed Sueded Leather Tie Pointed Flats (RM79)
4. Coach Meadowlark Embellishment Dinky Crossbody in Glovetanned Leather (RM2,700)
Casual dinner parties are probably the least pretentious, so feel free to get creative with integrating subtle nods to holiday style like we’ve done here with velvet, tulle and metallics.
Instead of a boring LBD, you could always flash a different take on monochrome by pairing bold pleather with delicate lace that’s good enough to tease without showing too much skin; ideal for formal office shindigs we reckon.
Keep your style game fierce with a sophisticated satin number in an ultra bold colour to turn heads once you step foot into any room. Flashy, yes, but glamorous nonetheless.
In regards to an intimate affair or a wild night out with your girlfriends, allow yourself to go hard or go home. Ain’t nobody is going to call you out for obnoxiously mingling sequins with slick patent.
1. PrettyLittleThing Sequin Body With Thong (RM166.23)
2. MANGO Zipped Patent Skirt (RM119)
3. Public Desire Corina Black Heeled Mules (approx. RM165.88)
4. River Island Nude Cutabout Clutch Bag (RM189)