As you get older, you’ll realise soon enough that some friendships just don’t last no matter how much you invest in it. Just like relationships, some friendships are so toxic that they could hurt and crush you deep inside. But, are these pals really worth your time and love you ought to give? We say no, and we urge you to take that bold step to stop longing and fighting for that companionship you know you’ll never have reciprocated. Quality over quantity, girls – having less friends who are way more significant beats having a ton who just aren’t that important. Here are five signs you should take note of!
1. When she isn’t there for you … ever – She expects you to drop everything you’re doing just so you could hear her rant or gossip about other people, but when you need her to listen to your problems, she’s no where to be found. Also, when she needs something, you never fail to help her out, but then you feel super disappointed when she doesn’t do the same. It’s time to let go and stop letting her push you around.
2. You feel more hurt than anything – It’s as simple as this – if you aren’t happy around her anymore, stop hanging out with her and stop giving her chances. You may be unhappy with her because she often bails on you, is never there for you, and just doesn’t cut it as a good friend. Then, one day you’ll realise that all these things boil down to only one thing – you’re crushed because of her.
3. You know she talks negatively about you – Numerous people have been telling you that she’s been talking trash about you, but time and time again, you choose to defend her even though you know what these people have said is true. You’re disappointed, you often wonder why this has happened and whether you’re the one at fault for this. Well, guess what honey – cut the bull**** and turn things around once and for all.
4. She’s highly competitive and often envies you – A little competition is healthy, but when she’s trying to compete with you in everything you have, do, or have achieved, it can be a bit much and it’s never going to turn out into a healthy friendship. You may have a great job, a gentleman of a boyfriend, a loving family, or even something you’re really proud of, but she doesn’t and she’s NOT happy. Worse still, she sometimes copies you to try to be better than you.
5. She doesn’t support you and often insults you – A good friend should be your cheerleader and stands by the sidelines while you pave your own way to happiness and success. She should be able to stand by your decisions and support them, making you feel like someone’s got your back. A good friend also should be able to give you genuine compliments you’d appreciate, no matter what they may be regarding. If she does the opposite of all the above, that’s your red light right there.