The most basic weight loss regime is about burning off more calories than you consume. Seems simple? But in recent day, who can take that much time off to keep up with a regime? And if it were really so simple, we wouldn’t be facing the dilemma of a weight problem.
The trick is to make small but lasting changes to your daily habits, Instead of taking drastic measures (e.g. crash or liquid diets, pills, etc.) to lose weight, here are some handy tips that you can apply to your lifestyle to ensure that the weight stays off, healthily!
1. Drink a glass of water before the start of every meal. Water naturally fills up some space so that you feel fuller without actually having to stuff yourself.
2. Stay away from sweetened drinks, especially carbonated ones. Sugar is good, but fizzy drinks are highly sweetened with an obscene amount of calories. The more you cut down, the less calories you consume.
3. Include lots of fruits in your diet. Especially fruits that contain more water such as watermelons. Watermelons contain up to 95% water.
4. Increase your fiber intake as your body needs a lot of fiber to function the healthy, non-fattening way.
5. Eat intelligently. Don’t just eat as and when you want, just because you feel like eating it. Don’t give in to random cravings. Always ask yourself whether your body really needs it.
6. Have fixed meals several times a day and stick to it. A proper eating pattern will reduce a loss of appetite of that famished feeling. Thus, helping you to eat only when you really need to.
7. Don’t snack and don’t fall for snack in between meals. The main problem with snacks of junk food is, while they satisfy your taste buds, they are usually less filling and are the epitome of fat and calories!
8. Stick to black tea or coffee because they can actually be food good for you. Tea or coffee laden with condensed milk has unnecessary amounts of calories.
9. Keep fried things at a distance. Fried things are called friend things because they are fried in oil or fat. An absolute no-no if you plan to maintain a healthy diet.
10. Take walks before breakfast or after dinner. Get your metabolic rate started up and burn off the excess calories! It’s that simple.
Also, ensure that up to 30% of your diet should be proteins. The body needs plenty of proteins to build up when things are broken down whereas the amount of fat intake in your diet should only be as little as 20%. Your body only needs this much to function to keep it at that.