The population of wild tigers about 100 years ago was beyond the 100,000 mark, though unfortunately only about 3,890 are left in the wild today. This is largely due to poaching by traffickers whereby hundreds of wild tigers are killed so their parts could be sold for profits, mostly perpetrated through criminal enterprises that run illegal wildlife trade. What’s the most distressing is that many people don’t see the severity of the issue.
With that in light, Tiger Beer has set out to raise awareness on the depleting numbers and plight of wild tigers via a 6-year agreement with the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) through its campaign. While consumers showed support in 2017 by changing their social media profile photos using unique filters developed by global artists, the campaign is changing the ballgame altogether for 2018, the second year of the initiative.
For the first time ever, the campaign is tapping into fashion by joining forces with KENZO globally. Emerging talent from Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia and USA submitted their unique designs showcasing their personal flair, and the result is the limited edition KENZO Rare Stripes collection of garments inspired by the tiger stories that spread the message as much as it looks bomb aesthetically.
Not only is KENZO’s signature emblem also the tiger, the French luxury fashion house which was founded by Japanese designer Kenzo Takada boasts a strong Asian heritage and indisputable influence to help double the wild tiger population by 2022 and give back to the majestic animal. Together, it is possible to give these wild tigers the best fighting chance we can for them to continue thriving in the wild.
The emerging artists on board for the campaign to create the limited edition KENZO Rare Stripes collection include:
- Meryl Smith, (USA) – Contemporary artist and sculptor
- Esther Goh, (Singapore) – Illustrator and designer
- Julienne Tan, (Cambodia) – Illustrator and printmaker
- Sean Lean, (Malaysia) – Visual and digital artist
The limited edition Tiger Beer X WWF KENZO Rare Stripes collection launched on 20th July 2018 at Ginza, Tokyo, Japan and thanks to Tiger Beer, we’ve got our hands on two of the exclusive garments designed by Meryl Smith from U.S.A. and our very own Malaysian Sean Lean to be given away to two readers. Yeap, you may just be one of the very few in Malaysia to cop these very rare pieces!
Simply fill in this form to be in the running and we will contact you shortly should you be one of the lucky ones!
PS: To up your chances of winning one of the two garments, simply SHARE the link to this contest article with the hashtags #rarestripes and #tigerbeermy!
Terms and conditions
- The contest is open to non-Muslims 21 years and above only
- The judges’ decision is final and two winners will be contacted directly via email or mobile number
- The prizes will not be delivered and are to be collected from our headquarters within the Klang Valley
- Winners are advised to collect the prizes within two weeks of being notified
- An original or a copy of the participant’s IC must be presented upon collection of the prizes