Yesterday, you read our piece on what goes on behind the scenes of the best catwalk show ever known to mankind. You know it’s true – as any hot-blooded male and aspiring models can testify.
Today, we’re breaking down the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2011 in numbers.
Watching a Victoria’s Secret Fashion show is a lot like watching a movie. The year-long pre-production boils down to the lighting design, the wardrobe, the music, the makeup. Everything has to be impossibly perfect!
Here’s what the lingerie extravaganza looks like when we break it down to numbers:
1. Budget for the entire show: USD12 million (RM37 million)
2. Swarovski elements used: USD2 million (RM6.2 million)
3. Costumes in total: 69
4. Number of “Angel” wings: 31
5. Super-hot supermodels entourage: 38
6. Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2011 themes: 6 (Ballet, Super Angels, Passion Play, Angels Aquatic, I Put a Spell on You, Club Pink)
7. Value of the show-stopping “Fantasy Treasure” bra: USD25 million (RM7.75 million). It has a 36-carat diamond centerpiece.
8. Number of world-class artists to perform this year: 4 (Kanye West, Cee Lo Green, Maroon 5, Nicki Minaj)
True, putting on a Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show and pulling it off without any glitches is almost a feat deserving of an award. Or two. But at least we know that the best lingerie show on earth will be giving its audience more than what they can ever ask for!
Step aside, other mediocre fashion shows.
Can you say, “Lights! Camera! Action!”?