The cafe scene in Malaysia is booming incessantly and more coffee connoisseurs are fuelling this trend. While coffee has certainly made its mark, tea on the other hand doesn’t get as much appreciation. Also, there are more non-coffee drinkers than you’d think, so let’s show them some love shall we? Here are 10 cafes in the Klang Valley which serve excellent tea:
1. The Brew Culture – Located at Plaza Damas 3, The Brew Culture is a quaint cafe serving specialty coffees from different origins. Besides coffee, The Brew Culture is also popular for its flower and fruit teas. The Peach Fruit Tea is apparently one of their best sellers.
B-01-06 Plaza Damas 3, Jalan Sri Hartamas 1, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2857 0181
2. The Tea Republic – Sourcing fine teas from all over the globe, The Tea Republic offers more than 50 types of extraordinary tea at their store located in Bangsar Shopping Centre. Whether you’d like a more pungent Earl Grey black tea such as the Sapphire Grey or something lighter and delightful like the milky Chocolate Chiller, The Tea Republic has it all.
S132, 2nd Floor, Bangsar Shopping Centre, 285 Jalan Maarof, Bukit Bandaraya, 59000 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2011 1320
3. Caffe Crema Coffee & Tea – This cafe is very new and what we love about it is that drinking tea becomes an entire experience itself. Caffe Crema serves fragrant imported organic tea in many flavours and when any tea is ordered, hot boiling water is served in a teapot, together with a unique steeper with tea leaves in it, as well as a timer to gauge the exact steeping time.
E-01-02, Block E, Plaza Mont Kiara, 2 Jalan Kiara, Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-6206 2237
4. Exhibit Cafe & Lifestyle Store – Here, you would be able to sip on your cuppa while appreciating one-of-a-kind art pieces, brewing equipment, as well as furniture on display. Exhibit Cafe & Lifestyle Store serves fine tea from Harney & Sons, which is a New York-based master tea blender offering high quality teas that are sourced, blended and packaged by the company itself.
86A, Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, 60000.
5. Miss Ellie Tea House – Love cakes and other sweet treats? This is the place to be. You can also complement your fresh scones and cake with a cuppa of gourmet tea. At Miss Ellie Tea House, the teas are sourced from The Good Tea Company, which is popular for its Darjeeling and Assam blends.
7, Jalan H3, Taman Melawati, Setapak, Kuala Lumpur.
6. Hot Shots Coffee & Tea – Hot Shots Coffee & Tea is one of the many cafes located at the Solaris Dutamas area. For those who don’t drink coffee, Hot Shots also offers fine tea from teapigs, a UK-based tea company. Besides variants such as the Darjeeling Earl Grey and Jasmin Pearls Green Tea, teapigs champions its 100% Organic Matcha, an award-winning product that’s jam packed with antioxidants.
A2-UG1-07 Solaris Dutamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 1300-888-138 or 03-62064316
We’ll be updating the list very soon!