Tired of serving chips, cookies, cakes and your generic party snacks?
The best thing about snacks is that you can have fun with it! What matters is not the content, but the taste. So, if it tastes good, you and your guests will have an awesome time. We here at Lipstiq.com, believe in fun, creative, DIY snacks and with that said here are a few recipes you can try at home!
Have fun with it, girls!
Deep Fried Tequila Shots
- One sponge cake
- Canola oil for frying
- Lime zest
- Lime wedges to serve with
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Assemble your ingredients, zest some lime, and then chop the sponge cake into crouton-sized cubes.
- Using a fork, quickly dip the cubes into a shallow dish of tequila. Keep in mind that the longer you dip them for, the stronger they will be.
- Heat the oil in a deep pot to 350ºF and carefully fry them until they are golden on all sides, using tongs to toss and retrieve them.
- Let the cubes cool on some paper towel, then coat the rims of shot glasses with frosting and dip the rims into a shallow plate of lime zest.
- ENJOY! Serve the cubes in the jazzed up shot glasses, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and try not to get too inebriated.
Beer Battered Fried Pickles
- 1 bottle of your favorite Beer
- 2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- A dash of Salt & Pepper
- Dry off pickles in paper towel.
- In a medium bowl mix together the batter ingredients until smooth (except the Panko)
- Dip each pickle into the batter and then into the panko.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Cool them on a paper towel then serve.
S’mores Cheesecake Bars
Graham cracker crust
- 10 whole graham cracker sheets
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8×8 inch pan with foil, spray with cooking spray. In a food processor or blender combine graham crackers and sugar and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter and continue to pulse until mixture comes together. Press mixture into prepared pan and bake 10 minutes.
- For the cheesecake layer: In a bowl combine egg, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar and mix until smooth. Pour mixture over baked crust. Bake 18-22 minutes until cheesecake is set (shake the pan a little to see if it jiggles in the middle-take it out when it no longer does).
- Switch oven to broil. Scatter marshmallows and chocolate chips over cheesecake layer. Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes until marshmallow are toasted – watch carefully or they will burn!. Chill one hour. Cut into bars and serve. (You can let them come to room temp before serving if you prefer them not chilled). Store chilled in airtight container.
Grilled Sriracha Candied Bacon Pineapple
- 24 3-4” spears of fresh pineapple (about 1/2” thick)
- 12 strips of bacon (regular or thick cut), cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 Tbl Sriracha sauce
- metal or wooden skewers (soaked for 30 minutes in water) – optional
- Build a medium-low fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to medium.
- Brush grate with oil.
- In a bowl mix together your brown sugar and Sriracha. It should be slightly damp but not wet.
- Place in a pie dish.
- Dredge your bacon in brown sugar coating both sides.
- Starting at the bottom of the pineapple spear, twist the bacon up spear to the end of the pineapple. You want to wrap it up the pineapple so it’s slightly overlapping. *IMPORTANT: be sure to get the ends of the bacon on the same sides. If you can’t the skewer each end of the bacon down.
- Place the bacon, end side facing down on the grate.
- Grill turning often so each side is slightly rendered, crispy and charred in spots, about 6-8 minutes (longer if using thick cut bacon).
- Plate, remove skewers and enjoy!
Ramen Chicken Nuggets
- 1.5 lbs. Chicken Tenders cut into approx. 1″ chunks
- 2 square packs of Chicken flavored Ramen Soup
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Flour with a dash of Pepper..optional
- Drizzle of Olive or Canola oil
- In a food processor or you can opt to crush up the Ramen Noodles. Note: DO NOT ADD THE SEASONING PACKET YET!
- Add the Flour and a dash of Pepper into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the Eggs and a splash of water.
- Place the Chicken Chunks into the flour, coating evenly, but lightly.
- Then into the Eggs.
- And then coat them all very well in the crushed Ramen.
- Sprinkle them very lightly with some of the included Ramen Seasoning Packet, making sure to reserve some for when they’re done.
- Bake them at 350 for approx. 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked through and the Ramen is slightly golden.
- Serve them warm, with another sprinkling of the Seasoning if you’d like.