This year for Valentine’s Day, we’re combining two fresh colors of the season – a deep magenta-red against salmon coral, for a look that is both sweet and flirty! For our manicure, we picked out Essence’s Multidimension Nail Polish in Just Shout (67) as the base, and OPI’s Dutch Tulips to balance out the contrast.
1. Start with a set of clean nails. Trim and file nails according to you preferred shape. For this manicure, we opted for a flat edge.
2. Soak nails in a warm, soapy water for a minute, and then push back cuticles. Moisturize your hands and cuticles with a lotion, and then clean the nails once again with nail polish.
3. Apply a base coat on all nails and let dry. Start with the light color as base and pain a layer of color on your nail. Let it dry completely for approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
4. Then, using a piece of tape, just paste it on diagonally on the nail. Using the darker hue, paint it over the bare nail so that it gives you a cute half-and-half effect.
5. Once you’ve covered the nail, remove the tap. Let it dry for a minute, and finish with a top coat, drying it for another 20 minutes.
6. Using a cuticle stick and a tiny dab of cotton, apply a little nail polish remover to clean off the edges.
7. Once it’s clean and dry, don’t forget to share pictures of your manicure in our Forum or share it with us on Instagram!
Here’s a little quick picture tutorial so you can get the idea:
Follow us on TWITTER
Like us on FACEBOOK