During Defence Minister Ismail Sabri Yakoob’s latest press conference, he announced that KL, Selangor and Putrajaya will be under Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) once again, after the noticeable spike in Covid-19 cases in these areas.
The CMCO will be conducted for 2 weeks starting on 14 October until 27 October. Citizens will be under strict SOP’s during these challenging times which means no closing one eye on social distancing, hygiene, masks and other SOP’s during these controlled period.
If you don’t already know, the Defense Minister has ruled out these 12 SOP’s which will be implemented starting 14 October in the mentioned states.
1. Roadblocks will be carried out, only 2 persons are allowed to head out for necessaries, high risk person such as children and elderly not encouraged to head out
2. Inter-district & inter-state travel are only allowed with proper work permit; Official & detailed work pass from company will only be recognised
3. For those who does in fact have to travel interstate, please head to the nearest police station or just go online for application of an official travel pass.
4. Economic sectors can still operate as usual – restaurants, convenience stores, kiosks, food trucks, food stalls and more to operate from 6AM-10PM daily
5. Takeaway, delivery and drive-thru are encouraged, however dine-in is still available but only 2 person per table
6. Food delivery services can only operate from 6AM-12AM
7. Daily markets can operate between 6AM-2PM; Wholesale markets to operate from 4AM-2PM and night market to be allowed to operate between 4PM-10PM. All markets to undergo stricter SOPs
8. Petrol stations operate from 6AM-10PM except those on highways
9. Public transports to operate as usual, including e-hailing and taxi, but with only 2 customers per car
10. Hospitals and clinics can open for 24 hours; Pharmacies to operate from 8AM-11PM
11. All recreational & entertainment centres as well as educational centres are not allowed to operate
12. Outdoor activities that doesn’t exceed 10 persons and non-contact sports can be still be carried out
Let’s all stay safe and follow the SOP’s accordingly to help fight the Covid-19 pandemic!