There were plenty of winners in the fashion stakes who made a grand entrance at the 2019 Golden Globes, held at The Beverly Hilton. The hottest celebrities from Hollywood gleamed in breathtaking looks that left us speechless, and here is a roundup of the best of the best that stood out amongst the rest.
1. Lady Gaga – The A Star is Born Golden Globes nominee turned heads in a show-stopping custom Valentino Couture gown in periwinkle blue complete with balloon sleeves and the most regal train.
2. Lupita Nyong’o – Trust this Black Panther actress to never disappoint every time it is awards season. Her cobalt blue Calvin Klein by Appointment gown featured fringe with silver drop beads that sway with every move.
3. Gemma Chan – This navy blue Maison Valentino gown doesn’t just flatter the Crazy Rich Asians’ fair skin. It also extends the perfect amount of volume while allowing her to show some leg.
4. Emily Blunt – Designed by Sarah Burton, the Mary Poppins Returns star stunned in a sweet yet sexy intricate gray lace, high-neck gown by Alexander McQueen with a skin-coloured lining.
5. Saoirse Ronan – Looking wise beyond her years in a 1920s-inspired gown custom Gucci tulle gown decked out with crystals and a plunging neckline, this Mary Queen of Scots actress looked like an absolute goddess.
6. Constance Wu – Who knew that nude could look this good? The Crazy Rich Asians star sizzled in a custom Vera Wang tulle gown that is accented with a contrasting orange velvet bow.
7. Kiki Layne – Channeling a fairytale princess vibe, this If Beale Street Could Talk actress hit the red carpet in a full-skirted Dior gown in the softest pink hue.
8. Regina King – This bedazzled, custom Alberta Ferretti rose pink gown is nothing but spectacular and hugged the If Beale Street Could Talk star’s toned figure in all the right places.
9. Alison Brie – This custom Vera Wang tulle gown featuring a pearl-encrusted bandeau bralette left the GLOW star looking like a million bucks.
10. Sandra Oh – Nothing screams old Hollywood glamour like this Golden Globes co-host who turned up in a white Versace gown made extra distinct with a diagonal ruching on one shoulder.
11. Julia Roberts – This balancing act of masculinity and femininity is ridiculous to pull off, but alas, Roberts made this one-shoulder top and curtain tulle, peg-leg trousers combo by Stella McCartney work.
12. Taraji P. Henson – If we could hand out an award for the fiercest look of the night, it would hands down be this Empire star’s dark green Vera Wang velvet column gown.
13. Penélope Cruz – Cruz’s glitzy Ralph & Russo halter gown was anything but boring with sparkly accents adorning the entire frock.
14. Kaley Cuoco – Designed by Monique Lhuiller, the Big Bang Theory actress’ swoon-worthy colour-blocking, strapless gown looked absolutely radiant.
15. Rosamund Pike – Cutouts can sometimes come off tacky, but Pike’s Givenchy Haute Couture knitted bodysuit and skirt ensemble, topped off with a silver bolero jacket, is the epitome of elegance.
16. Lili Reinhart – Going bold on the red carpet, the Riverdale star looked gorgeous as she rocked a strapless, red mullet gown by Khyeli that looked different in every angle.