Admit it – you own way too many neutral eyeshadow palettes stashed in your makeup collection and have on hand all the brown eyeshadows you’ll ever need, all in varying hues. Well, we’re challenging you to veer away from that earth tone makeup rut and whip out the most vibrant eye products you have hidden away to bring your statement eye game on.
Makeup reflects self-expression and there is no reason for you to shy away from killer bold shades that may even earn you an extra compliment or two. As a matter of fact, colourful eye looks can be made daytime appropriate too, and the Lipstiq team is showing you how to do that step by step. Trust us, it’s not that intimidating!
Carmen wears upside down eye makeup
1. Set the eyelids with a bone coloured eyeshadow to even out the skin tone.
2. Define the crease of the eyes using a light brown eyeshadow.
3. Line the eyes with a liquid eyeliner and flick the tail out.
4. Line the lower lash line with a teal coloured eyeliner.
5. Smudge eyeshadow in various hues of blue below the lower lash line, beginning with the lightest blue on the inner corners and darkest blue on the outer corners.
1. Pecan Praline, Cashew Chew, Almond Truffle shades from the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Palette
2. Kat Von D Ink Liner in Trooper
3. Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon Eyeliner in Whirl (Pool)
4. Dior Colour Gradation palette in Blue Gradation
Nadhirah sports statement eyeshadow
1. Prime the eyelids with an eyeshadow primer.
2. Apply a coral shade on lids, then drag the colour down to the crease.
3. Blend in a dark teal/emerald green shade into the crease and the outer corner to define the eyes.
4. Using an angled brush, sweep a pastel blue/aqua shade just above the lashes.
5. Sweep a bone coloured eyeshadow just below the eyebrows.
6. Finish with mascara
1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original
2. Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette in Inflame
3. Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette in Electrify
4. Diorshow Pump & Volume Mascara
5. Emerald Green from the Sephora Craig & Karl Eyeshadow Palette
Nadia wears unconventional coloured mascara
1. Pack on glitter eyeshadow from the outer corner and into the crease.
2. Apply liquid liner to the lash line and flick it out.
3. Finish up with two generous coats of pink mascara on the upper and lower lashes.
1. Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation
2. Dior Diorskin Forever Undercover One-Coat Camouflage Everlasting Concealer
3. Bbi@ Pigment Glitter Eyeshadow
4. Sephora Collection Longlasting Eyeliner High Precision Brush
5. Sephora Collection V For Volume Mascara in Pink