Gorgeous actress and entrepreneur, Noor Neelofa Mohd Noor, better known as Neelofa, has made quite a mark in Malaysia’s entertainment scene as well as in the business industry. After acquiring success with Naelofar Hijab, her massive line of headscarves, the actress took a brilliant step to expand her business into a family-run empire, NH Prima International.
On top of being featured in Forbes’s 30 Under 30 Asia, the starlet was also recently appointed by Youth Minister, Khairy Jamaludin to join the ranks of the National Transformation 2050 (TN50) ambassadors. With that said, it’s only fitting to call Neelofa as the epitome of modern-day Muslim philanthropist, who has a legion of devoted fans that are more than eager to follow her footsteps.
In addition to her jam-packed schedule, looks like the 28-year-old has finally said yes to star in her own reality show, aptly titled #FollowLofa. It will feature a six-episode, 10-minute long webisodes that follows Neelofa as she goes about her professional and personal life.
It will be the first edition of hurr.tv’s ShowReal reality series segment featured on the website, an online lifestyle channel and video streaming platform managed by celebrity powerhouse, Elaine Daly who remarked, “Who else is as hot as Neelofa right now in Malaysia?”
Prior to this, she had received offers to star in her own reality show but always turned them down until now. “I didn’t want to do it at first because I was afraid I couldn’t control the content that goes out,” she says at a press event. “But with hurr.tv, they allow me to be involved in the editing process and to put in my two cents. That’s why I said yes.”
Neelofa or Lofa as she calls herself, explains why she went with the online medium eventually. “If possible, I don’t want to expose my private life too much. But since this is online and each episode is only about 10 minutes, the exposure is not too drastic.” Although she may be perceived differently after the show airs, the actress says that it’s something she can’t control.
As #FollowLofa is less than 15 minutes long, it’s perfect for those who watch reality shows, but are always on the go as it’s easily accessible on a smart phone or tablet. She adds, “I’m pretty much myself when the cameras are rolling, so this is a good show to see life through my eyes, as opposed to just my Instagram stories.”
The webisode provides viewers front row seats to intimate moments in her life, which includes a cook-out session with her friends at home and her sister’s wedding day. “I would say about 98% is real, the other 2% is the interview portions where they need me to explain some things further, and they provide me with a guide.”
Besides getting a closer look at her life, Neelofa says viewers can gain something more from #FollowLofa.
“When I have to go through situations that I don’t want to, how do I maintain being neutral and professional? How do I handle last minute change of plans? How do I overcome problems and stress? There are a lot of lessons viewers can learn which are captured on the show.”
Visit #FollowLofa if you’d like to know more on the webisodes.