If you love your beauty products, we wouldn’t be surprised if your collection is constantly getting bigger. We know, it’s hard to resist and if you have piles of makeup laying on your counter, it’s high time you keep them organised. Not only is it pleasing to the eyes, there’s some sort of gratification that comes with rummaging through your entire makeup collection, sorting everything out depending on function and arranging everything accordingly on your vanity or a beauty station. Here, we’re showing you 10 ways to help you organise your makeup. Good luck!
1. Acrylic containers – These acrylic containers are made specifically to store makeup and the clear acrylic makes it convenient when you’re looking for specific products stored in the little drawers.
2. See-through vanity – If you’re fortunate enough to have a proper vanity, get one with see-through glass so that your vanity can also double up as a makeup display.
3. Use drawer dividers – Drawer dividers are god-sent and they’ll help keep your makeup in separate sections. That way, you can store each product according to function. For instance, one compartment can be used to store lipsticks and another narrower compartment can keep eyeliners in place.
4. Reconstruct old shoe boxes – Don’t toss away your old shoe boxes and if you have extra time to spare, put in some effort to create compartments in the shoe boxes to store your makeup. The possibilities are endless!
5. Magnetise your makeup – Get a magnetic board and wrap it in fabric of your choice. Then, get little magnet squares and adhere it to the back of some of your favourite beauty products. You can then attach the products to the board and hang it up.
6. Stick them in a tray – Get hold of an old tray and use some spray paint to make it pretty. You can then use this as a display for your everyday makeup products, instead of having them lay around everywhere.
7. Use a hanging jewellery holder – This saves you a lot of space and it can easily be hung up, even on the back of your bedroom door. What’s great is that the clear plastic makes it much easier for you to reach for products when needed.
8. Use mason jars – Re-purpose old mason jars and use them to store your makeup brushes, mascaras, lip glosses and eyeliners. You can even spray paint them to match the walls or theme in your room!
9. Magazine rack or book stopper – If you have plenty of makeup palettes and you don’t know how to store them, get some old magazine racks or book stoppers and display your palettes neatly starting from the smallest to the biggest palette you own.
10. Tiered cupcake stand – Besides displaying jewellery, these cupcake stands are also perfect for makeup. We suggest placing your everyday go-to products on the stand so it’s much easier to reach. It’ll also instantly glam up your makeup counter!