Looking for something fun yet simple to do at home? Why not try out these DIY projects to test your creative side! These are some of the easiest DIY projects to try out at home – just get the supplies then get started!
1. Shoes Vamping
- Old plain shoes (preferably white/cream)
- Permanent Markers
- 2B Pencil
1. Clean up your shoes, if they are brand new, then perfect
2. Take your 2B Pencil and start to dress an outline of the design you want – be it flowers or strips.
3. Choose the colours that you want to use
4. Will out the design you have done
5. You are ready to show off your new kicks.
- Tea Lights
- Double boiler or a heat-safe bowel over a pot of simmering water
1. Remove the string/wicks from the tea lights by peeling off the silver covers.
2. Place the wicks at the bottom of the shells. ( If the shell isn’t laying flat, then lay them on a crumpled paper bag/clothe to level them)
3. Place the leftover candles in the double boiler and let it melt. (Kind of just like what you do when you melt chocolate)
4. Once you see it is ready, carefully pour the candle wax into each shell, leaving at least half an inch of which exposed. This step can get a little tricky and messy, but avoid spilling wax on your table (it’s a mess to clean up).
5. Now, wait for them to dry up and you can put them around as decorations!
3. Bottle Vase
- An empty bottle (beer bottle, wine bottle)
- Acrylic paint
- Paint Brushes
1. Clean out the bottles and dry them completely
2. Take out the paint, and choose the colours you wish to use.
3. Start painting til you’re satisfied.
4. Let the work dry up – you can let it sit in the sun for a faster finish.
5. Put in a little water in the bottles, and the flowers you wish to put on display. Then you are done!
*NOTE: If you want to create a stripe effect, use tape as your guilde. It really will help.
4. Personalized Mugs
- Marker pens
- Plain mugs
1. Take out your mugs
2. Take the markers and just write a little note on the mugs
3. Once you’re happy with what you have written, place the mugs in the oven for a good 10 minutes at 200 degrees. This will help set the ink.
NOTE*: This is the perfect gift, if you are looking for something sentimental.
5. Sea Shell Frames
- Plain frame
1. Take our your frame and a marker and draw out divisions on the frame.
2. Take your glue and put it on to one section of the frame that you have divided.
3. Choose the shell that you wish the place on the frame, and start filling the frame out section by section.
4. Once you are done, let it sit for a good day to dry up.
5. Once you are confident that it is dry, you can add in the photos that you want, and start using it as a frame.
- Plain art book/notebook (Preferably hard case)
- Coloured paper
- Personal pictures from favorite moments
1. Lay out your photos in the order that you wish to see them.
2. Take the scissors, cut up the coloured paper into all kinds of shapes and sizes to decorate the notebook with (Imagine the coloured papers to be frames for your photos)
3. Cut out the pictures you want to use.
4. Stick the coloured paper in the places you want, and on top of that, add the photos.
*NOTE: This is probably on of the most sentimental gifts to give a person.
7. Tank Top Cut Ups
- Old shirt
1. Take an old shirt and use a marker to outline the shape of a tank top. (the shape you prefer – cross back or what not)
2. Take your scissors are start cutting.
3. After each step, try on the shirt to make sure it fits you.
* Always cut bigger than your actual size to avoid unfixable mistakes.
- See-through iphone case
- Old feather earrings
1. Take the earrings and cut them off from the chains (try to find a way to unhook rather that use scissors because you don’t want to damage the feathers.
2. Lay your iphone case down and add a light coat of glue (not too thick, if not, it will be seen obviously)
3. Stick on the feathers one by one until everything is filled.
4. Wait for it to dry completely
5. Try it on your iPhone to see how it looks – like it?