When the weather’s unpredictable, sometimes you find yourself catching the nasty flu bugs and it’s one of the worst things that can happen. Having the flu means you cannot do much and if medication is nowhere in sight, here are some of the ways you can help yourself:
- Drink hot drinks – Make yourself a cup of hot tea infused with lemon and honey. This will help decongest your nasal passages and prevent you from dehydrating. Delicious and good for you!
- Take a steamy shower – Having the flu means you can get dizzy and if you do, you should have a real steamy shower as it helps moisturise your nasal passages. Plus, it will also relax you, which makes you feel slightly better.
- Blow your nose correctly – Believe it or not, there is a right and wrong way of blowing your nose. The right way would be pressing a finger over one nostril while gently blowing the other. The wrong way would be doing it in a hard manner and both nostrils at the same time. By the way it’s always better to blow your nose than sniffling the mucus.
- Get help with an extra pillow – Another way to clear your nasal passages is to have them drained and you can do so by adding an extra pillow under your head.
- Get a lot of rest – This is probably the most important of all. By resting, you’re giving your body the energy it needs to fight the flu away.