Despite the e-commerce scene rapidly growing in Malaysia, there are still a lot of us who are wary and skeptical about online cash transactions.
What if I pay and the seller doesn’t ship out the item?
What if I receive the item in bad condition?
How do I know that person is a verified buyer or seller?
Is there a way I can ensure none of these will happen to me?
Yes, now you can. Shopee, a premier mobile app, has been launched to ensure that people can buy and sell online safely. Shopee functions as a mediator, it works for both online and mobile buying and selling, ensuring a secure and smooth experience for the users.
Security functions are the key features in the app, so let Shopee worry about the transactions. With the Shopee Guarantee function- a secure payment service- all payments will flow through Shopee, where it will stay and be released only after both buyers and sellers have fulfilled their commitments.
Here’s how it works:
- Upon purchasing an item, payment from a buyer is secured and verified by Shopee.
- Once payment is verified, a notification will be sent out to the seller to ship out the item.
- Upon receipt of the item, buyers have time to inspect the item; they can check to see if it is in the condition as advertised.
- Once the buyer is satisfied with their purchase, tapping on ‘Order Received’ then releases the payment to the seller.
As you can see, Shopee Guarantee is designed to give protection to buyers who purchase from sellers on Shopee, while also giving assurance to sellers that payment has been secured prior to them sending out the item to a buyer. It’s a win-win situation!
Not only that, Shopee allows users decide whether they want to opt for pick-up services or have it delivered to them. In the case of the latter, users can track the delivery process via the Shopee app. With the Shopee Live Chat feature, buyers and sellers can also engage in real-time conversation. This allows buyers to get a better understanding on the product they’re purchasing.
Managing Director for Shopee Malaysia, Ian Ho explains, “Shopee has undergone a series of fraud and scam tests before it was launched in Malaysia. We have tested a number of scenarios, and Shopee Guarantee protects both buyer and seller in all of them”.
Shopee is available through the Google Play Store for Android and App Store for iOS. For more information, visit Shopee’s website.
Also, here are some tips from Shopee for Safe Online Shopping:
- Never give out personal information through chat – always keep your details in legitimate transactions online
- Make sure name and address details are legitimate and accurate
- Watch out for suspicious telephone numbers, especially if you receive messages or calls from non-Malaysian telephone number
- Use Shopee Guarantee, which protects payments of buyers, as well as secure payments to sellers