Running out of ideas for a date night with your loved one? Once again, we’ve been on the lookout for some of the finest and most memorable dining places you lovebirds will enjoy, whether it’s for a more casual night out or to celebrate a special or romantic occasion. Some of the restaurants listed below aren’t your typical fine dining eateries, but they are hidden gems that are celebrated and loved by many. Read on to find out more!
1. Ciccio Ristorante Bar Pizzeria – At Ciccio, patrons will be treated to a genuine taste of fine Italian cuisine while enjoying the cosy and romantic atmosphere the place offers. Made with only the freshest ingredients, the food at Ciccio shadows that of its famous sister restaurant, Ciao, which is the oldest Italian restaurant in Kuala Lumpur.
Address: 15 Changkat Bukit Bintang, 50200, Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 603-2141 8605
Opening Hours: Open daily – 5pm-12am
2. Graze – Focusing on fresh, seasonal produce and the finest cuts of meat, Graze is an authentic modern European restaurant offering classic food in a stylish and comfortable setting. One of the more best value hotel restaurants in the city, you and your date definitely wouldn’t be disappointed.
Address: Hilton Kuala Lumpur, 3, Jalan Stesen Sentral, 50470, Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: +603 2264 2592
Opening Hours: Open daily – 12pm-10.30pm
3. Villa Danieli – This is an award-winning Italian restaurant that has made a name for its lively ambience resembling a typical Italian style villa and of course, the homey and hearty feast that faithfully conveys the spirit of Italian cuisine. Dining here would be a memorable experience, hence, it makes the perfect setting for a lovely night out.
Address: Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, 50250.
Tel: +603 2717 9922
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday – 12:00pm-2:30pm, Monday to Saturday – 6:30pm-10:30pm (Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays)
4. DV Ristorante Pizzeria – This is another hidden gem that’s quietly situated at the neighbourhood of Damansara Heights. With a casual and homey dining concept, this place serves up delightful home-cooked Italian cuisine and once you visit this place, you’ll fall in love with everything it has to offer. If you’d like to let loose and relax, here’s the place to be.
Address: 65-77, Jalan Setia Bakti, Bukit Damansara, 50490, Kuala Lumpur.
Opening Hours: Open daily – 12pm-11pm
5. Muugu Garden Bistro and Bar – Located at a unique setting in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Muugu is housed in a restored bungalow that offers the perfect dining retreat for anyone who’s looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Apart from the chic setting, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by their well-defined and attractive menu.
Address: 32 Jalan Jati (Off Jalan Bukit Bintang), Kuala Lumpur, 55100.
Tel: +603 2110 3603
Opening Hours: Open daily. Lunch – 12pm-2:30pm, Dinner – 6pm-10:30pm, Happy Hour – 6pm-8pm
6. Croisette Cafe – A cosy little cafe, Croisette serves unpretentious and flavourful French cuisine for breakfast right up until dinnertime. This is truly a hidden gem that’s comfortable and very laid back, so if you want a quiet and chill night out, this is the place to be! After dinner, don’t forget to try out their mouth-watering desserts.
Address: 28-0-3 (Level 3), Cascadium Condominum Jalan Penaga, Bukit Bandaraya, 59100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: +6014 6657944 or +6016 3304477
Opening Hours: Tue – Sun – 11:45 am – 9:30 pm
7. Svago – With its amazing view and first-class Italian menu, it’s no surprise that Svago is one of Suria KLCC’s standout fine-dining venue. Romantic, rustic and intimate, you and your partner can enjoy the setting while indulging in some of the finest Italian cuisine and the restaurant’s selection of alcoholic plus non-alcoholic beverages.
Address: Lot 136, First Floor, Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: +6 03 2163 3188
Opening Hours: Open daily – 12pm-12am
8. Cellar Door – Specialising in wines from all over the world, this is a rustic winery with a hearty and traditional English pub menu that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds. For fine quality food that’s a great value for money, premium wines and a good classic ambience, Cellar Door will be a great place for the both of you to unwind.
Address: Double Tree Hilton, The Intermark, 348, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur, 50400.
Tel: +6 03 217 27272
Opening Hours: Open daily – 11am-1am