Just about a month after their public tiff, Charles Saatchi has announced that he’s divorcing Nigella Lawson. According to sources, he made the decision because she failed to publicly defend him during the fallout over their disturbing public fight.
On June 9, Charles, a 70-year-old wealthy art collector and global ad agency co-founder, was seen wrapping his arms around Nigella’s neck in a London restaurant.
“I am sorry to announce that Nigella Lawson and I are getting divorce,”he said in a statement.
“I feel that I have clearly been a disappointment to Nigella during the last year or so, and I am disappointed that she was advised to make no public comment to explain that I abhor violence of any kind against women, and have never abused her physically in any way.”
“This is heartbreaking for both of us as our love was very deep, but in the last year we have become estranged and drifted apart,” the statement said.
“The row photographed at Scott’s restaurant could equally have been Nigella grasping my neck to hold my attention – as indeed she has done in the past.”
Personally, this is really unfair to Nigella considering she was clearly the one who was victimized based on the pictures. (Source)
5 hours after the incident, Charles reported headed to the police station voluntarily and said that he held Nigella by the neck to ’emphasize a point’. We’ll let you guys decide what to make of this.