It looks like actress Gal Gadot is coming back for Wonder Woman 2!
Earlier today, actress Gal Gadot confirmed that producer Brett Ratner will not be involved in Wonder Woman 2, calling the decision “the right thing to do” after multiple women came forward with sexual harassment allegations against Ratner.
“Everyone knows the way that I feel because I’m not hiding anything,” said Gadot, Wednesday on NBC’s “Today” show. “But the truth is, there’s so many people involved in making this movie, it’s not just me, and they all echoed the same sentiments. You know what I mean?” she said.
WATCH: Gal Gadot responds to report she didn’t want to work with Brett Ratner, who has faced sexual harassment allegations, on next installment of Wonder Woman pic.twitter.com/rBuSH2CE2Z
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) November 15, 2017
“Everyone knew what was the right thing to do, but there was nothing for me to actually come and say, ’cause it was already done before this article came out, you know?” Ratner, who in recent weeks has faced allegations from at least eight women, helped co-produce the Warner Bros. film through his production company, Rat-Pac Dune.
Page Six reported Saturday that Gadot had threatened to walk out on the franchise unless Ratner was kicked out. “She’s tough and stands by her principles. She also knows the best way to hit people like Brett Ratner is in the wallet,” said an insider at Warner Bros. to Page Six.
Ratner’s attorney, Martin Singer, denied the accusations directed to Ratner printed in the Times. “I have represented Mr. Ratner for two decades, and no woman has ever made a claim against him for sexual misconduct or sexual harassment,” Singer told the paper. “Furthermore, no woman has ever requested or received any financial settlement from my client.”
So far, representatives for Warner Bros. and Rat-Pac Dune did not return requests for comment.