Finding the perfect skincare routine is almost out of the question. All we can do is try out products that are best-suited for our own skin and hope for the best. Gladly, I’ve settled on a routine that I’m happy with. It will never be The One, but my skin has been feeling and looking great. Just so you know, I have combination skin and sometimes, it can get dry, oily and sensitive on different areas of the face. Here’s my evening skincare routine in order, together with mini reviews of the products I love using:
1. Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel – This product by Boscia removes all my makeup without leaving my skin feeling dry. The oil-gel glides on smoothly, so you wouldn’t have to tug or pull at your skin. After rubbing it into the skin, I add a little water and the oil-gel transforms into a cleanser. Packed with antioxidants, it doesn’t strip away moisture and one pump is sufficient for the entire face.
2. SK-II Facial Treatment Cleanser + Clarisonic Mia 2 – A little goes a very long way with this cleanser and I use a little less than a pea-sized amount each time. Filled with concentrated pitera, it foams up wonderfully well and leaves my skin feeling luxuriously hydrated. I also love using my Clarisonic Mia 2 with this cleanser for a deeper and more thorough cleanse. This cleanser tends to sting my eyes, so I always shake off the excess water from the device before using it. This helps to ensure that the cleanser doesn’t foam up too much and drip all over.
3. LUSH Grease Lightning – Formulated with tea tree, thyme, aloe, rosemary and witch hazel, I use this spot treatment every night, even if I don’t have obvious pimples in sight. Usually, I would spread a thin layer over areas I tend to get the most pimples. If I have a spot I need to treat, I would apply a small blob of the product over the spot and leave it to dry. Grease Lightning dries clear, is super effective and I love it. Now, I also get less hormonal pimples thanks to this product.
4. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence – This is one of the most expensive skincare products I own, but I believe it is worth every penny. Consisting of 90% Pitera, this miracle water gently exfoliates the skin and encourages skin cell renewal. After using it for three weeks, I’ve noticed that my skin looks more radiant and refined. You won’t be able to see results overnight with this product, but you’ll be thankful you’ve used it later on in your life. The only problem with it is that it smells like fermented rice water, which isn’t pleasant.
5. Novexpert Booster Serum With Hyaluronic Acid – Packed with 100% pure Hyaluronic Acid, this serum moisturises my skin and plumps it up instantly. It’s great for anti-ageing and smoothens out the skin like a dream. I only use a very small drop for my entire face, but you need to work quickly with this serum as it absorbs into the skin very fast. The only thing I dislike is that the serum feels a little sticky to the touch.
6. Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment – Infused with avocado oils, this eye treatment helps to nourish, moisturise and protect the under eye area where the skin is extra delicate. I take a little bit of the cream, rub it between my fingers until it gets watery, and then apply it in a tapping motion under my eyes. This product is great for those in their early twenties to prevent early stages of fine lines and my makeup also sits very well over it.
7. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – Have you got dry or sensitive skin? If so, you NEED this moisturiser. Formulated without any harsh chemicals, fragrances, colourants and parabens, this moisturiser intensely hydrates, plumps up and relieves my skin instantly after application. This is the best moisturiser I have used so far and my skin condition has also improved tremendously thanks to this thick cream. It doesn’t make me oily and my makeup looks more radiant over it.
Do you also love any of these products? Let me know in the comments section below! 😉