We don’t have seasons here in Malaysia, but the lipstick-obsessed queen, a.k.a yours truly, insists on sharing with you five lip colours that would be perfect for the autumnal months when it’s cosy, cool and just awesome in general. Even though it is fall season, it doesn’t mean that your lip colours have to be dark and dreary. These are lip colours that I personally own and love, hence, I’ve also inserted swatches of the lip colours on my lips just for you. Enjoy! 😉
1. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Rush – This is a muted mauve-pink lipstick with a soft shine that isn’t too bright. I love pairing it with a more heavy eye look because it doesn’t grab the attention away from the eyes and still gives me the perfect hint of colour on the lips.
It’s highly pigmented and the formula is great too – it isn’t too shiny or creamy, it lasts a long time, it feels very comfortable to wear and it’s hydrating.
2. NARS Semi Matte Lipstick in Red Lizard – This is bold, feisty and it compliments my skin tone amazingly well. This is a darker red shade with slight blue undertones, so it would make fair skin look fairer and teeth look whiter. This is a semi matte lipstick, but it glides on smoothly.
With one swipe, you’d get the true colour and this lipstick lasts crazy long! It doesn’t budge or move when I eat, drink or party the night away. I always get compliments when I wear this lipstick.
3. Topshop Lip Bullet in Bewitched – I love Topshop lip colours and this is definitely one of my favourites. It looks very intimidating, but it applies as a very deep muted, almost-black purple colour that’s very glamorous.
On days when I feel less adventurous, I love applying this on as a tint. I would use my finger to dab the colour on my lips and it would look just as wonderful. When I apply it straight out of the tube, I like pairing this lip colour with more neutral-looking eyes.
4. NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Doll – I have many Extra Creamy Round Lipsticks by NYX, but this is the one that I gravitate towards the most. It is a dusty muted pink that goes perfectly with any makeup look and I wear it all the time.
The colour is very opaque, isn’t too shiny and it’s very moisturising on the lips. This lipstick is very creamy, so make sure to blot with a tissue after you’ve applied it. You can also dust on some powder over your lips for a more matte look.
5. Shiseido Perfect Rouge Parfait Lipstick in RS 612 – Many people are afraid to wear brown lipsticks, but there’s no reason you should be. This is a reddish brown lipstick that gives off a nice sheen when applied, so it doesn’t look dull whatsoever. When I wear a little bit of colour on my eyes, I like to pair the makeup look with this lipstick.
It doesn’t last as long as the NARS lipstick does, but it does stain the lips nicely. It appears very dark in the tube, but on the lips, it’s more of a tint.
Which lip colour is your favourite? Do let me know in the comments section below! 😉