Admit it, girls. When you’re in a relationship, you fight whether you like it or not. We’re not talking about life-changing blow-ups here, but rather, the seemingly annoying disagreements that can put a damper on your happy relationship. It’s normal and healthy for you to hash out arguments as a couple, but let’s be real – some of these fights are really, really, just plain dumb. Check out some of the most ridiculous things you’ve probably argued over with your boo.
1. The past – It’s easy to get jealous over your partner’s past, especially if it’s regarding the number of people he’s slept with, or who he’s dated before. However, we really think there’s nothing to fight about as all these things happened before your relationship began and it’s just not worth risking it for something that’s part of the past.
2. Where to eat – Almost every couple fights about choosing where to eat, especially if one of them is fickle and indecisive. Chill, it’s really a small matter and you guys would probably end up eating somewhere one of you settles on anyway. There’s no point ruining a good date night over that.
3. Food – If your partner cooks for you, be grateful. Not many people do that and know that he took the time end effort to prepare the meal for you with love. Complaining about how runny your eggs should be or how he didn’t get your favourite sausages would cause unnecessary problems.
4. Clothes – It’s perfectly fine to make snarky comments at each other’s fashion preferences, but it reaches a whole new level when you try to force your thoughts down his throat just because you didn’t like what he was wearing. This may hurt his ego and the consequences may be much worse.
5. Friends – There’s bound to be that one gal-pal or best bud your partner will hate and chances are, there’s nothing you can do about it. So, instead of getting worked up about proving your friend’s worth, just accept these differences and continue on with life. If he really loves you, he’ll tolerate your friends … and the drama that comes with it.
6. What to watch – It seems like many couples get heated over what to watch on television or which movie they should catch at the cinemas. For something so petty such as this, for goodness sake, please just give and take. Here’s what you do when nobody wants to compromise: Flip a coin and be done with it.
7. Compliments – When he gives you a compliment, accept it and be thankful. Don’t question it or belittle his competency when it comes to the little amount of adjectives he uses to say nice things about you. Compliments don’t come easily and you should be happy you’re getting some.
8. Celebrities – Fighting with your significant other about celebrities you’d hook up with is the dumbest thing ever. Let’s be real – celebs aren’t attainable. So, why are you making such a big fuss? If he wants to admire Scarlett Jo’s banging hot bod, let him!
9. Losing a bet – Come on, you guys probably bet on something silly anyway. Winning or losing shouldn’t matter that much and it surely shouldn’t cause any tension between the both of you. The most you should do is have a good laugh and forget about it. Risking your relationship because of a lousy football game? Err… no.
10. Directions – When both of you get lost because one of you led the other blindly, it’s kind of not helpful to start yelling at each other in the car when you are already frustrated as it is. Why make things worse when the focus should be on finding your way to the destination?