It is undeniable that some of the finest make-up brands available to us hail from the Land of the Rising Sun. From drugstore to more high-end labels, some women around the world swear by Japanese cosmetic products, importing them direct from the country of origin. So, if you aren’t familiar with Japanese beauty labels, here are five popular ones that you should take note of.
1. Shu Uemura – Don’t call yourself a beauty junkie if you don’t know Shu Uemura. This label is one of the few most popular brands in the world, and blended with good and natural skincare ingredients, its fine selection of make-up makes the most delicate skin beautiful. Despite the heftier price tag, you’d be assured that it’s good stuff you’re paying for. For more info on Shu Uemura stores and counters, visit their website.
What it’s most popular for: Cleansing oils, eyeshadow and mascara.
2. CanMake – More affordable than most Japanese cosmetic brands, CanMake offers a wide range of cosmetics for trendy females out there looking for high quality and highly pigmented makeup. Created to look fresh and vibrant, CanMake is dubbed as THE drugstore brand in Japan. You can get your hands on CanMake products at all SaSa outlets in Malaysia.
What it’s most popular for: Blushes, lip products and eye shadows.
3. Kiss Me Heroine – This is pretty much the go-to brand for Malaysian women who have a thing for Japanese makeup looks as its products are affordable, and besides, who isn’t a sucker for cute packaging? If you’re into cosmetics, you would’ve probably heard other people rave highly about the brand’s mascaras, which provide the most full, thick and black lashes with just a few coats. Their other eye make-up products aren’t bad too! Available at all SaSa outlets nationwide.
What it’s most popular for: Mascara, eyeliner and fake lashes.
4. Dolly Wink – Perfect to achieve that Japanese ‘Gyaru’ style, Dolly Wink offers an extensive range of eye makeup, such as eyeliners, fake lashes, eyelid glue and mascaras. Designed to be paired with the popular circle coloured contact lenses to give you bigger, bolder and more outstanding eyes, Dolly Wink is deemed as every girl’s eye make-up must-have. Available at all SaSa outlets and Isetan stores nationwide.
What it’s most popular for: Fake lashes and liquid eyeliner.
5. RMK – Another more high-end label is RMK and the brand is best known for giving women dewy, natural, glowing, translucent skin. Widely popular in the make-up artistry scene worldwide, every product is designed to deliver professional results and give the most natural finish. To have some RMK in your life, visit RMK counters at Parkson Pavilion, Isetan, KLCC and Isetan, The Gardens.
What it’s most popular for: Foundations.