Toxic friends are the worst of the lot. They take up a lot of your time and they cause a lot of drama that you do not need in your life. They generally start out fine – you both share the same interests, love the same things, and probably dislike the same people too. But sometimes it’ll get a little too far, and before you know it, you’re probably the item of gossip too. [Read: The 5 Kinds of Toxic Friends ]
Here are 10 helpful signs to tell you if your friendship is toxic.
1. She gives you compliments, but when you think about it, they’re insults.
2. When things do not go her way, or when you say no to her, she stops talking to you or demands that you apologize and make up for it.
3. You begin feeling a little anxious whenever you receive emails, calls or texts from her.
4. She’s always seeking your ears to help her with her problems, but when you talk about yours she shrugs it off.
5. You’ve been hearing from numerous people that she’s talking trash about you.
6. She’ll dare hit on any guy you like, no matter how many times you’ve made it clear to her.
7. She expects you to drop everything you’re doing just so you can hear her whine about the extra pounds she’s gained. But when you need her, she’s nowhere to be seen.
8. She gossips about everyone she meets, and can do it non-stop.
9. She’s highly competitive, and somehow needs to have everything you have or own better things than you do.
10. You find yourself have to defend yourself (and friends) whenever you talk to her.