Aiswarya Rai Bachchan is no stranger in the acting world. The Indian film actress started her career as a model, and ultimately won the Miss India and Miss World pageant titles in 1994.
Described as the “most beautiful woman in the world”, this ethnic beauty has won film awards, appeared on the cover of Vogue India three times, and was recently appointed as goodwill ambassador for UNAIDS in 2012.
Now married to Abhishek Bachchan ( son of Amitabh Bachchan, leading Bollywood actor in Hindi cinema), the Bollywood power couple welcomed a baby girl in November 2012, named Aaradhya Bachchan.
Here are some fun facts about this Bollywood superstar!
1. Before pursuing a career in the entertainment industry, Aishwarya was quite a honorary student, scoring 90% in her HSC exams, considered a career in medicine. She also said her favorite subject in school was zoology.
2. Aiswarya has starred in films in various languages including Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, and Bengali.
3. Her first modeling assignment was for Camlin Pencils when she was in the ninth grade, and at 17, she entered the Ford Supermodel Contest in 1991 and was named the winner!
4. Aishwarya is one of the top paid Bollywood actresses and is one of the top brand ambassadors, scoring contracts with Titan Watches, Longines Watches, L’Oréal, Coca-Cola, Lakme Cosmetics, Casio pager, Phillips, and more. She was also named the official brand ambassador for De Beers diamonds in India.
5. When Aishwarya gave birth to her baby girl, it took Aishwarya and her husband four months to name their daughter. However, during that period, the couple’s fans and the media christened their child with the name “Beti B”.
6. In 2005, toy company Mattel released a limited edition of Barbie dolls of Aishwarya Rai in the United Kingdom.
7. In 2009, Aishwarya refused to accept the second-highest Order Of France, Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, as her father was suffering from a serious illness. Shahrukh Khan is one of the four Indian actors to have been chosen for the award.
Top Songs by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
1. Dola Re Dola from Devdas
2. Hum Ko Humise Chura lo from Muhabbatein
3.Main Na Mil Sakun Jo Tumse from Umrao Jaan