So you know how they always tell you the easiest facial remedies are found in the nooks of your own kitchen? Rather than plundering high-end beauty halls for your next face mask binge, you might want to look a step closer to home. Take note ladies – high-end beauty parlors and spas are not the only places to have your beauty fix. We can do all that easily at home – well of course, minus the masseuse. :p
So here are some easy peasy lemon squeezy DIY homemade facials for you to try:
Brightening face mask – rice flour
- Add 2 teaspoons of rice flour into a bowl
- Then, add in a spoon of plain yogurt with a dash of turmeric
- Mix well, add a bit of water to have a smooth consistency.
- Apply the facial generously all over your face and neck.
- Leave the mask on for about 15 to 20 minutes and use a wet cloth that was soaked in lukewarm water to wipe off the facial, slowly.
- Say hello, to bright and glowing skin.
P.s: For those with oily skin, you may replace the yogurt with rose water or plain water to avoid your skin feeling greasy or more oily.
This facial works best to tighten your pores and helps lighten blemishes or acne scars. It is also great for those with acne or oily skin as it reduces sebum production.
Under eye mask – banana peels
- Use the back of the banana peel, the inner layer of the peel for this facial.
- Scrape the white fibers using a spoon and place them in a bowl.
- You may add either vaseline or aloe vera gel to the peel.
- Then, apply it under and around your eyes.
- Best to be applied overnight so you can let it do its magic throughout the night.
- Wash your face as usual and start the day without bags under your eyes!
Banana has an amazing vitamin known as potassium, which helps reduce under-eye circles and wrinkles.
Lip scrub – sugar
- Add 2 spoons of sugar to a small bowl.
- Add in a bit of honey
- Mix it well till it’s well incorporated.
- Give your lips a good scrub for 1 to 2 mins.
- Wash em, and voila! Smooth plump lips in just a minute!
Sugar works as a great scrubbing agent due to its coarse texture. Honey, on the other hand, can help moisturize and protect cracked lips from infection. It also works as a mild exfoliator and can help remove dry, dead skin from your lips. To heal chapped lips quicker, apply organic honey on your lips overnight to better aid healing.
Exfoliator – green peas
- Blend the green peas to a coarse-like texture.
- Put in a jar or Tupperware that is air-tight.
- Use it as a mild scrub on your face when you shower.
- Don’t wash your face after scrubbing to reap its full benefits.
Green peas have been used as an important facial remedy for ages. It is rich in multivitamins like vitamin C, A, and E.
All essential vitamins help rejuvenate the skin and help prevent wrinkles and fine lines. They also help heal the skin by curing scars and any form of allergy.
Taaaadaaaa…. that’s all it takes! Let’s get experimenting! Please be sure to test the patch first on your palm or on the side of your face. You don’t want to irritate your skin and trigger allergies or breakouts.
Do you have lots of unused facial care products that are too expensive to throw away? Here’s how to use them on your body instead!