Whether you’ve just discovered your first fine lines or you’ve got wrinkles you’re dying to hide, no one wants a makeup look that’s settled into those fine lines and wrinkles – even the ones you didn’t even know you have! Which basically leads to your makeup accentuating the very features you’ve been trying to conceal.
Avoid this monstrosity from ever happening again. Use one of these makeup setting products to lock your makeup in place:
1. Wet n Wild, Photo Focus Setting Spray, RM39.90 – Here’s quite possibly the best drugstore (or any store) makeup setting spray you would ever purchase at a fraction of the price of most setting sprays. This exclusive formula extends your makeup while preventing cracking, smudging, fading or creasing! It works with all skin types and it’s got aloe to moisturise your skin.
2. Cover FX, Perfect Setting Powder, RM169 – We love Cover FX’s Perfect Setting Powder for its ultra-light feel and its ability to create a skin-perfecting airbrushed effect. The loose setting powder is formulated without talc for an incredibly translucent finish that sets your makeup all-day.
3. NYX, Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray, RM40 – It’s crazy hot outside as of late, and it’s been said that NYX’s Profession Makeup Setting Sprays can help your makeup to stay intact – even after a car crash (not like this, though). This long-lasting formula leaves a matte finish. Spritz this on to help your makeup last all day and night.
4. IT Cosmetics, Your Skin But Better CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder SPF 50+, RM165 – Made with skin-loving Drops of Light Technology, this talc-free multi-tasking powder sets your makeup, protects your skin from harsh sun rays and cares for your skin. Pat this over your face after your makeup for a flawless complexion.
5. Sephora, Amplifier Setting Spray, RM66 – Sephora’s setting spray gives you a finishing touch after makeup application and you can use it as a touch-up throughout the day. Made with lemon balm and peppermint extracts, this setting spray adds radiance and makes the skin feel instantly fresh.
6. H&M Beauty, True Matte Finishing Powder – H&M Beauty hasn’t officially landed in Malaysia yet, but here’s a product we’re ready to pounce for when it does in September. H&M Beauty’s mattifying powder helps absorb shine and set makeup – and it’s compact enough to casually stash away in your purse.
7. M.A.C. Cosmetics, Mineralize Skinfinish, RM148 – M.A.C.’s Mineralize Skinfinish is a swanky velvet-soft powder with a gorgeous metallic finish. This setting powder glides on perfectly and leaves an ultra-deluxe polish overall. It also adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks and brows.
8. Kat Von D, Lock-It Makeup Setting Mist, RM125 – This weightless and refreshing spray by Kat Von D is powerful enough to lock-in looks and light enough to wear all day, every day. Watch as your makeup last on for up t0 24 hours while staying comfortable with a blend of refreshing properties.
9. Laura Mercier, Translucent Loose Setting Powder, RM199 – Laura Mercier’s Translucent Setting Powder is a cult-favourite and on the list of every beauty addict’s “must have” product. The loose powder feels dense in its container, but feels incredibly soft and silky-light as you pat it on.
10. Innisfree, No-Sebum Mineral Powder, RM26 – Innisfree’s No-Sebum Mineral Powder is part of the No-Sebum Mineral Line catered towards powerful sebum control and keeping the skin fresh and non-greasy all day long. Pat the powder on at the last stage of your makeup to set your look.