Being a writer at Lipstiq has its perks and I often get to try out tons of products for the face, be it skincare or makeup. Needless to say, my go-to products get swapped out very frequently, especially when the seasons are changing and my skin is behaving differently. So, for fall 2015, here are some of the makeup products I’ve been loving! Check out my skincare picks HERE.
1. Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in 01 Light – I’ve grown to love this tinted moisturiser for when I don’t feel like piling on a lot of makeup. It’s lightweight, hassle-free, isn’t greasy and feels comfortable on the skin while giving me a light buildable coverage. It applies well with a brush, but I tend to use my bare hands.
2. Too Faced Born This Way in Ivory – I’ve fallen in love with this! A little goes a long way and a thin layer of the full coverage foundation leaves my skin looking flawless and dewy. It applies exceptionally well with the BeautyBlender, conceals my imperfections and feels lightweight on the skin. I can vouch that this is THE high end foundation to invest in!
3. Burberry Kisses in No. 89 Rose Blush – The packaging for this lipstick is really luxurious, which made me fall in love in the first place. Aside from that, this hydrating lipstick is extremely buildable. I’ll gently pat it on for a sheer wash of tint, or go all out for the most intense colour. It’s easily one of my top lipstick formulas ever and this shade is gorgeous.
4. Too Faced Love Flush Long-Lasting Blush in How Deep Is Your Love – Not only does this blush look good on your vanity, this high-impact blush is smudge-proof, fade-proof and provide 16-hour wear. To the touch, the blush is buttery soft and is true to colour once applied onto the skin. How Deep Is Your Love is a pretty watermelon pink shade that I adore.
5. Clinique Chubby Lash in Jumbo Jet – The Eyeko Skinny Brush mascara is my all-time favourite, but Clinique’s new Chubby Lash mascara is just as good. Even though it has a huge wand, the bristles are short, so application doesn’t get messy. This mascara fans out my eyelashes beautifully and adds lots of volume for big, bold lashes.
6. shu uemura brow:sword in acorn – This pre-shaped eyebrow pencil comes with a built-in sharpener and a spoolie on one end, which is always handy. Even though it is a hard pencil, it glides on smoothly without tugging my skin and the naginata (blade) shaped pencil allows for precise definition on the brows.