Said to be one of the most sought after eye makeup palettes, and one of the best-selling items in Sephora Malaysia, “Urban Decay Naked Palette” has sent “vain pots”, fashionistas, and even the everyday girl into a crazy state of frenzy. And it’s finally available here!
We’ve heard so much about it that it’s impossible to ignore. So it was high time to see it for our own eyes.
No pun intended.
“Urban Decay Naked Palette” comes packaged in a velvety chocolate brown exterior (it’s so soft!), giving it a classy and sophisticated appearance. Simply because of its ultra-luxe, slim packaging, it fits perfectly into anyone’s handbag. Like a pretty “must have” accessory.
For the price you pay, you get not only the palette but also a miniature-sized 0.3 fl. oz. “Urban Decay Primer Potion” and a full-sized eyeshadow brush.
Can you say, “amazing value for money”?
Also, everybody’s favourite palette features more than enough shades, mostly neutral and earth-toned – hence the term “naked”. The twelve “Urban Decay Naked Palette” shades consists of six permanent and exisiting shades, one re-promoted shade, and five new shades:
• Virgin is a pale, shimmered nude beige. It’s very light and a little frosty for a highlighter, particularly on darker skin tones, but it would make for a great all-over wash or pop of light on the inner tear duct.
• Sin is a champagne with a touch of pink and a frostier finish. This shade is permanently available.
• Naked is a matte medium beige-brown. It has a very soft and smooth texture (neither powdery nor chalky).
• Sidecar is a shimmered, medium bronze brown with almost a red undertone.
• Buck is a matte, darkened beige-brown (a darker version of Naked) and it has the same silky smooth texture and rich color.
• Half Baked is a coppery bronze with a frost-metallic finish. This shade is permanently available.
• Smog is a medium dark bronze with a gilded bronze sheen. This shade is permanently available.
• Darkhorse is a darkened deep chocolate brown with flecks of bronze.
• Toasted is a medium dark pinky brown with a shimmery finish. This shade is permanently available.
• Hustle is a dark plummy chocolate brown with a soft shimmer finish.
• Creep is a darkened blue-black base with silver and teal shimmer.
• Gunmetal is a blue-gray metallic that really must be seen to be appreciated. It almost feels like duo chrome, because of its blue hint but really, it’s dark and smoldering. This shade is permanently available.
And really, having experimented with it, we found that every shade is soft, smooth, and richly pigmented – even the mattes. The buttery, blendable texture means that you almost can’t go wrong. Trust us, we would know. We’ve tried it!
If you’re the type who is exceptionally exploratory with dark or ”smokey eye” makeup, the “Urban Decay Naked Palette” is pretty complete for all your “smokey eye” makeup adventures. Also, if you need help in exploring ways to pull off the perfect neutral “smokey eye” effect by utilizing the trusty palette, here’s an awesome tutorial (courtesy of the beautiful Jen):
Or, you know, you could also opt to just go naked.
The “Urban Decay Naked Palette” is available for RM175 at Sephora Malaysia. A bit of a warning though, it really does sell out fast so hurry over to get yours! Preferably right now!
181, Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur