Sometimes you can’t help but succumb to that lazy feeling, which usually overwhelms you in the morning. So, you just jump into your comfortable pair of unwashed jeans and throw on a T-shirt, and out the door you go to start your daily grind. But taking that extra 20 minutes to do your hair, or taking time the night before to prepare an outfit can actually improve your productivity the next day. That’s why we suggest these 10 things you can do to not look like a slob on your workday.
1) Red Lipstick – Like a piece of stunning jewelry, red lipstick is a fashion statement. Despite popular beliefs, this bold shade is not too shocking to wear in a work environment. Any casual outfit can easily have a more formal feel when you apply a beautiful shade of red on your lips. Try the YSL 4 Rouge in Danger.
2) Flats – At Lipstiq, we sympathise and feel your pain when it comes to high heels. Sure, they elongate your legs and make you feel like Gisele Bundchen but sometimes wearing flats can be appealing too. They’re comfortable and can be completely adorable like the kitty embroidered velvet flats by Charlotte Olympia.
3) Jacket / Blazer – Pair your favourite skater dress with a nice jacket or blazer for a more polished look. With the hot and humid climate in our lovely country, you can easily take it off once outdoors. We love the single breasted jacket from H&M.
4) Chunky Necklace – To add that certain ‘wow’ factor to your office outfit, why not try adding a statement necklace that is bold and colourful. These chunky necklaces can bring some funk to even the most formal of clothes. Try Lovisa’s four row minstrel bead necklace in tangerine.
5) Printed Trousers – Despite being the perfect holiday look item, printed trousers can actually work with any office attire for a more relaxed look. The bolder, the better, and remember to pair your printed trousers with the right shade of plain blouse. We can’t get enough of the ones from Zara.
6) Clutch – Just because you are heading for work, it doesn’t mean you have to carry a bag that could hold a week’s worth of groceries inside. Why not tone it done and carry a fun clutch that’s bright in pink from Ted Baker?
7) Skinny Belts – Not to serve as a function but instead an accessory, the skinny belt like these ones from ASOS is so diverse in the ways it can be used. Any outfit can be modernised when put together with a skinny belt, and it will accentuate your curves in all the right ways too.
8) Varsity Jackets – For a fun and preppy look, the varsity jacket will do the trick. This piece of clothing is not only restricted for athletes, and will go very well with a pair of boyfriend jeans and black stilettos. It’s also versatile enough to match that floral dress you own.
9) Sandals – If you’re feeling laid-back and would like to give your feet some breathing space then go for a pair of embellished sandals instead of flip-flops. Different designs and colours will guarantee to go well with even the most formal pants in your closet, like this pair from Miu Miu.
10) Blusher – Might be an odd thing to put on the list, but blusher does add some colour to your face. By applying a nice rosy shade onto your cheeks, you will find that doing so will make you look and feel ready to take on the day. Plus, it gives you that fresh, healthy glow. We love this blush-bronzer duo from Nars.