Judging by the title and the photo of my glorious makeup, I guess it’s pretty straight to the point what I’m trying to do here. If you’re addicted to watching beauty gurus on YouTube like me, you probably were very fascinated to find out about their favourite beauty must-haves and makeup essentials. I guess this way you’ll know for sure how these products perform and whether or not you should get your hands on them.
Well, the photo above shows the contents of my makeup bag and some essential beauty products that I never ever leave home without. I normally use these products on a daily basis and it’s safe to say that a majority of everything I have in there are my holy grail beauty products. Of course, this isn’t my entire makeup collection, but these are the stuff that I reach for the most. Read on to find out about what I have in my makeup bag!
1. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer – I don’t use this all the time, but whenever I feel like putting in extra effort into making my skin look flawless, I just put this on after my moisturiser. It glides on super smooth and does the job of concealing my pores.
2. Dr. G Gowoosesang Brightening Balm SPF 30 PA++ – Hands down, the best BB cream ever! It isn’t too heavy, has the right amount of coverage, doesn’t smell funky, has SPF, lasts all day and doesn’t make me greasy. For my fair skin, it also doesn’t make me look orange. I’ll keep repurchasing this forever.
3. Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder in Naked Light – I love this finishing powder! I usually dust some on my face with a kabuki brush to set my BB cream or foundation to keep the shine at bay. It really works and it doesn’t make me look powdery.
4. e.l.f Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium – Although I’m blessed with pretty thick brows, I still use eyebrow powder or gel to fill in the sparse areas and make sure that my brows are perfectly shaped. This eyebrow kit is super affordable and the quality isn’t bad either.
5. e.l.f Studio Bronzer in Cool – I’m fair-skinned and very pale, so I usually don’t leave home without some bronzer to add definition to my face. This bronzer has for different coloured quads and I normally swish my brush on the powder, tap off the excess and apply it on my skin.
6. Benefit Dandelion – If you’re familiar with Benefit, you’d know that its box powders are one of its all-time best-selling products. I love Dandelion because it smells good and gives me a very natural looking flush.
7. Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream – Before discovering this product, my nails chipped and broke A LOT. However, this Burt’s Bees cuticle cream has changed my life and I swear by it. It’s easy to use, smells good, very nourishing and most importantly, it works. I never broke a nail again.
8. Urban Decay NAKED Palette – I cannot live without this palette. I’m not very adventurous when it comes to eyeshadow colours so this neutral palette is simply perfection for me. Besides using the palette as eyeshadow, I sometimes use the lighter shades as highlighter and the matte brown shade as bronzer.
9. eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm in Summer Fruit – I love this lip balm. It’s cute, smells wonderful and it’s very moisturising for my lips. Also, whenever I pop it out of my bag to use it, someone goes, “It’s so cute! What is that?!”
10. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Hustle – For days when I don’t want my eyes to look too harsh, I use this brown eyeliner for a softer look. It lasts all day and doesn’t budge at all. Sometimes, I also smoke it out as eyeshadow.
11. NYX Full Coverage Concealer in Fair – This concealer is affordable and it works fine to conceal my imperfections as well as under-eye darkness. I love how creamy it is and one small jar lasts me for ages!
12. NYX Gel Liner & Smudger in Jet Black – If I’m going to have a long day being out and about, I’d always go with a gel liner as it is waterproof, budge proof and extremely long lasting. I love this liner because you have the option to smudge it out for a smokey look before it sets on your skin.
13. Revlon Colourstay Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic – All the hype about this product is true. These balm stains are convenient to use and they moisturise the lips so well while offering a nice hint of colour. I especially adore the one in this shade!
14. NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto – Who leaves home without a solid, matte black, long-lasting eyeliner? No one! NARS doesn’t kid around when the product is labelled as long-wear and this is the blackest black you’ll ever find.
15. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil in Ozone – Don’t waste your time on coloured lip liners and get a clear one instead. It complements any lip colour you wish to apply and you don’t have to carry around four different ones for every lipstick!
16. Benefit They’re Real! Mascara – I’m pretty sure you’ve heard about the amazing things this mascara does. It holds the curl of the eyelashes very well, separates the lashes beautifully, stays on all day, doesn’t transfer onto the skin and it removes completely clean.
17. NARS Semi Matte Lipstick in Red Lizard – This is my favourite lipstick, ever. Red Lizard is a dark muted red lippie that would transform your look from drab to fab instantly. Although it’s very pricey, this lipstick lasts for hours even after I’ve eaten and partied the night away with drinks.
18. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Fiend – For days when I feel a little bit more cheery than my usual self, I pop on a pink lipstick and I love this one by Urban Decay. It isn’t too bright and the colour is just perfect for someone like me who doesn’t appreciate the colour pink.
19. NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Tea Rose – If you’ve bothered to read up until this point, you’d probably know by now that I’m a sucker for lip products. This NYX lipstick has become one of my holy grail lip products because it’s extremely versatile and completes any look. Whether it’s a smokey eye or a natural look, this lipstick complements them all.
20. Revlon Colourstay Liquid Liner – Please don’t ask why I need three different formulas of eyeliner in my makeup bag. Every formula gives off a different look and serves a different purpose, and to add on to my gel and pencil liners, I have this Revlon liquid liner with me at all times.
21. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – I only use this on very long days, especially if I have something special going on at night time. I don’t have oily lids and eyeshadow usually stays on pretty well on my skin, but using this primer makes the colours pop and makes the eyeshadow last way longer.
22. Lucas Papaw Ointment – I cannot leave the house without this lifesaver in a tube! I use this miracle worker on chapped lips, to moisturise my elbows and skin, to get rid of tangles in my hair, on cuts and burns, on insect bites, to soften my cuticles and the list goes on and on.
23. Eyelash curler – You can say that I’m blessed with extra long and voluminous lashes, but the only problem I have with my lashes is that the hairs grow straight. For that reason, I absolutely need my eyelash curler every time I apply mascara.
24. Tweezer – If your eyebrows grow wonky like mine does every few days, you’ll know how important it is to carry some tweezers everywhere you travel. I fix my brows and pluck stray hairs every one to two days, so I cannot, ever, forget mine.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading about my must-haves that I carry in my makeup bag. If you also happen to love any of these products, do let me know in the comments section below and tell me why you love them! 😉