Don’t get us wrong, we love Instagram, but we’re pretty sure that all of you would have some people you’re dying to unfollow. Unfortunately, you can’t do so because the both of you are buddies and you know that they’d eventually find out. However, if you’re not bothered at all by anyone’s photos on your feed, then you might want to cross check against our list of top 10 Instagram crimes to see if you have been an offender.
1) Flooding the feed – No matter how exciting your life may be, nobody really wants to see 10 photos from you in one shot when they scroll through their feed. Two to three photos per day is reasonable, so remember to keep it to a minimum in order to keep us interested.
2) Unnecessary hashtags – Only add hashtags if they are absolutely related to your photo. Also, please do not make up your own uncalled-for hashtags. Putting #HadTooMuchCoffeeSoNowImHighOnCaffeine along with a photo of your Starbucks drink doesn’t necessarily make the cut. If the hashtags you’re adding are significantly longer than your caption, then there’s definitely something not right there.
3) Unreasonable selfies – This is probably the easiest way to get yourself unfollowed on Instagram. Although two to three selfies per week is acceptable, this is also subjected to the content of your selfie. We do not, ever want to see selfies with too much of your boobs hanging out; neither are we pleased with the selfie you took with the giant zit on your face and further highlighting it by adding #zit #pimple #acne.
4) Inspirational quotes – We believe that the purpose of having an Instagram account is to let other people witness bits and pieces of your life by looking through your photos. So, if you have been posting inspirational quotes everyday for the past five days, you should consider taking a step back. Not only is it annoying, we sincerely doubt that these quotes have been helping and guiding you through life anyway.
5) Overdoing your couple photos – We get it, you and your partner are absolutely happy and blissful together, but that doesn’t mean that everyone should be reminded of it every couple of hours daily. Please do not chronicle your entire relationship along with every moment of the two of you sharing a doughnut or cuddling on a bean bag because we believe that people who are genuinely happy in love do not need hundreds of photos as proof to show to the world.
6) Endless sunset photos – Nobody denies that we do appreciate the wonders of nature once in a while, but when you have too many photos of sunsets which occur every single day of the year, it gets really redundant. Add on a caption which says, “Looking out at the sky and I’m so thankful to be alive” when you said something similar the day before makes your initially life-stimulating quote tasteless and loses all of its value.
7) Emotional relationship quotes – If you’ve been having issues with your relationship or you’re pining for that one person the whole world knows you have a crush on, please turn to Tumblr instead to drop the tons of already-obvious hints you have on your Instagram feed. There’s more to life than that, trust us.
8) Excessively disturbing photos – The photo of the bloody open wound you posted up when you accidently grazed through your palm with the barbeque skewer grosses us out. Also under this category are the collective roadkill photos you have on your feed as well as botched surgery photos that are just… yuck.
9) Tons of travelling photos – When you’ve posted five of the same series of photos of yourself on a tropical island, we get the point; you’re on a wonderful holiday. Although your objective of making us feel like we’re missing out might actually work, we’d much rather look at your photo album on Facebook than have your pictures flood our feed.
10) Highlighting your wealth – Being extremely well-to-do and staying humble about it earns you utmost respect; plus, your friends will love you more for that. But when you’re just a typical spoilt brat who knows no value to the hard-earned things in life, you’ll be left with nobody but yourself, unless of course your friends are only clinging onto you for your moolah.
Share your pet peeves about people on Instagram in the comment box below! Speaking of which, have you followed us on Instagram?