A Chinese female flight attendant was killed by an electric shock when she answered a call on her iPhone 5 while it was recharging. Her sister posted the news on the internet, prompting criticism of Apple among millions of iPhone users.
Ma Ailun, 23 was a former flight attendant with China Southern Airlines, allegedly suffered from a massive shock when she picked up her iPhone 5 as it charged at home on Thursday.
The Chinese bride-to-be claimed that she bought her iPhone 5 last December from an official store in her home town, Xinjiang. All of the iPhone accessories used were original too.
Apple promised to investigate Miss Ma’s death. “We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the family. We will fully investigate and co-operate with authorities in this matter.”
Weibo, China’s popular social media chat sites, were then flooded with posts urging fellow iPhone users not to make calls while charging their phones, and to only use original chargers an avoid plugging cheap charges which are widely available in China.