We all have the license to doll up at any year but Valentine’s Day is a little more special and you’ll probably end up using colors and shades that you usually reserve for special days like these. This usually requires a little more effort and practice to get it right. Before Valentine’s Day, it’s best to know what look you’re going for and what you’ll be wearing in order to match your makeup to your outfit.
1. Get your dress and shoes ready the day before to avoid panicking on what to wear on the day itself.
2. Make sure that you get enough rest and use a sheet mask to ensure that your skin is supple and smooth for makeup application.
3. It’s normal to get nervous and you might end up with a few makeup boo boos if you’re not careful so have some makeup remover wipes at hand.
4. If you’re planning to take lots of pictures, don’t go for a foundation that’s a shade or two lighter (be careful with BB creams!) especially if you’ll be showing skin around your shoulders and neckline.
5. Fluttery lashes may make you look all the more adorable but use a good adhesive and choose a natural pair or else your date will get suspicious about your “natural beauty”!
Well, YouTube is a rich wealth of information when it comes to makeup tutorials so this Valentine’s Day which got us hooked for hours! Here we compile some of our favourite looks and if there’s one thing we’ve learned, its to put away those brown hues and neutrals, and opt for some pink on your lids, cheeks and lips instead!
Pink toned makeups are often romantic, soft and extremely girly, so they work really well if you’re trying to go for a more demure look.
Klaire of KlairedelysArt has created a mesmerizing Bollywood inspired look that combines metallic hues of pink and emerald green along with a cat eye liner effect.
We love how Promise (Dope2111) has a little twist to her video with a short story before getting started on her makeup tutorial which is aptly title Valentine Day Doll Makeup tutorial. Indeed, she is a doll!
We’re not sure how many of you are brave enough to go crazy with your eye makeup but if there was one look that works, it would be this Naughty Valentine’s Day Makeup Look from iiSmokeCrayons here.
LaurenDayMakeup showcases a Barbie Valentine’s Day makeup with hot pink lips that are synonymous with the doll from Mattel. Her eye makeup is just as loud as her lip color but for some strange reason, they go together perfectly!
If simple is what you’re going for then this Girl Next Door look from TrinaDuhra and MISSQUYNHIEE will enhance your features especially your eyes without screaming for too much attention.
We know red lips can be pretty intimidating and messy especially if you know what comes towards the end of Valentine’s Day, without using pink or red eyeshadow like most Vday tutorials, Lisa Eldridge shows you how to get the perfect red lips that will stay on all through the night. Well, almost, if you know what we mean.
Have fun trying out these looks!