Catching up with the girls over a few shoddy Ladies Night drinks is always (sort of) fun. But why down all that bad wine and get pushed around at a bar when you can leisurely indulge in a great cup of tea and tantalising treats like a Tai Tai?
From quintessential tea with scones and macarons to art-nouveau inspired pastries, it’s time to live out your #TaiTaiLife fantasies with the girls – even if it’s just for the afternoon.
View this post on Instagram
Love is always a celebration. Spoil your valentine with an English Afternoon Tea or an exclusive dining at the Orchid Conservatory. For reservations, please call 03-2785 8000 @themajestichotelkl #themajestichotelkl#ytlhotels #exactlylikenothingelse#love #themajesticway#tagsforlikes #valentines#afternoontea #instalike#orchidconservatory #tweegram#tflers#instago#l4l #hotel#beautifulhotels#restaurant#followme#follow
1. The Orchid Conservatory, Hotel Majestic Kuala Lumpur – The Orchid Conservatory at Hotel Majestic, Kuala Lumpur made this list easily with good reason: it’s the only botanical wonder of its kind in Malaysia where you get to indulge in a pot of house-blend BOH tea of your choice, a variety of scones, sandwiches and sweet pastries for RM110 per person (RM120 on weekends). The conservatory is kept chilled to make its seasonal range of phalaenopsis orchids (and you) feel at home.
2. The Drawing Room, St Regis Kuala Lumpur – For a truly indulgent afternoon tea, look no further than The Drawing Room at St Regis Kuala Lumpur. Choose from a selection of delectable cakes and entremets while a Tea Sommelier attends to you with tea-flavour recommendations. The signature St. Regis Afternoon Tea costs RM168 per person – a tiny price to pay when you’re playing “Mrs. Astor” for an afternoon.
3. Ladurée, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur – After waiting patiently for Ladurée’s infamous macarons to make its way over to Malaysia, Maison Ladurée finally opened doors of its tea room in Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur – and it is très très chic. Revel in the tea room’s Parisienne glory with a pot of Special Ladurée Blend (RM22), the crowd-favourite rose petal cream-filled Ispahan (RM35) and a few macarons (from RM12) to share with the girls! Not a fan of macarons? The Marie-Antoinette cake (RM15) is one of Maison Ladurée’s classics, a soft cake made with black tea, citrus, rose and honey.
4. TWG Tea Salon & Boutique, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur – ICYMI, TWG is one of the finest luxury tea brands in the world (seriously, we dare you to walk out of TWG’s Salons without buying anything). Teas are served in an 18k gold-plated teapot that keeps the tea warm, allowing you to enjoy your tête-à-tête while you sip at your own pace. Order the Chic Tea Time set (RM50) or the classic Fortune set (RM59) for a truly satisfying tea time.
5. Newens Tea House, Starhill Gallery – Combining the finest English baking traditions within a modern-Victorian setting, Newens Tea House brings about a nostalgically fresh afternoon tea experience to Bukit Bintang’s Starhill Gallery. Newens has a selection of over 60 different teas, each of them brilliant in its own right. If you’re feeling peckish, consider the High Tea for Two – for RM120, you’ll get freshly baked scones, finger sandwiches, the legendary Maids of Honour tarts, other pastries and macarons.
6. THIRTY8, Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur – Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur’s THIRTY8 has an amazing afternoon tea deal that lets you have your cake and eat it too – three tiers of delicious morsels and a spectacular view of the Twin Towers. Find delicious plain or raisin scones and freshly-baked pastries like tartlets, macarons, eclairs or shortbreads, accompanied with your favourite choice of coffee and tea. The Elegant Three-Tier Afternoon Tea Set costs RM90 per person, and it’s only available on weekdays from 3pm to 5pm.
Ladies, it’s time to raise our pinkies for some actual tea.