“Fancy” isn’t usually the word one would associate with burgers. But there’s no reason to not use that word to describe a burger today. Here’s a list of the top gourmet burgers in town, for when ordinary condiments like mustard just won’t cut it:
1. Beauty, BEAST – Fans of foie gras, you’d love this one. True to its name, the Beauty burger at BEAST is a beautiful combination of a beef burger topped with pan-seared foie gras and drizzled with beef jus. The beef patty here is exceptionally done (and we expect nothing less from a great steakhouse), the foie gras adds a creamy touch of luxe and the beef jus helps in balancing the flavours of the foie and beef patty.
BEAST, Lot G-01 Ground Floor, The Intermark, 348, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur.
2. Truffled Wagyu Mushroom Burger, Define Food – Define Food landed in Mid Valley late last year, offering your favourite comfort foods redefined. Enter the Truffled Wagyu Mushroom Burger – a heavenly combination of a 100% Wagyu beef patty, truffled mushroom ragout and melted gruyere. This seemingly simple sandwich is proof that truffle goes with basically everything.
Define Food, The Boulevard, 59, Lingkaran Syed Putra, Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur.
3. Wagyu Burger, PRIME – PRIME Le Meridien’s Wagyu Burger takes their Wagyu burger game up a notch with foie gras, onion jam, porcini (ICYMI, it’s a type of mushroom) cream, melted cheese AND a poached egg. The result? A satisfying and sinful sandwich that runs for RM168, and we’ll happily succumb to the hefty price tag if it means sinking our teeth into the ultra luxurious burger again.
PRIME, Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, 2, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, Kuala Lumpur.
View this post on Instagram
Who can resist this #tuesday pick me up? <3 ________________________________ #ResortsWorldGenting #RWGenting #RWG #ComeOnUp #potd #Malaysia #foodie #foodporn #instafood #foodgasm #Burger #Lobster #SkyAvenue #ExcitingThingsAreHappening #BurgerandLobsterMY #BurgerandLobster #BurgerandLobsterMalaysia #BeefBurger
4. The B&L Burger, Burger & Lobster – The B&L Burger is THE go-to burger to have at Burger & Lobster. The sandwich features the best of both worlds – a hefty 224g beef patty burger topped with a slice of the house’s infamous lobster. Get your surf and turf on at Burger & Lobster at Sky Avenue today.
Burger and Lobster, Level 1, SkyAvenue, Resorts World Genting, 69000 Genting Highlands Resort, Pahang,
5. Burger @ Sentral, Gastro Sentral – Okay, we’ll confess, Wagyu beef is an exceptional piece of beef. But that doesn’t mean that Black Angus doesn’t deserve a shout out. At Gastro Sentral, Le Meridien is one of the best burgers we’ve ever had. The Black Angus patty is char grilled to a juicy finish and topped with party of toppings like Monterey Jack and some tangy pico de gallo and chipotle aioli. Pickles and jalapenos are served on the side, just in case you’re not a fan of pickles or jalapenos.
Gastro Sentral, Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur 2, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur.