Being a writer at Lipstiq has its perks and I often get to try out tons of products for the face, be it skincare or makeup. Needless to say, my go-to products get swapped out very frequently, especially when the seasons are changing and my skin is behaving differently. So, for fall 2015, here are some of the skincare products I’ve been loving! I’ve also included mini reviews and will share with you my favourite makeup products in another article. 🙂
1. Melvita Nectar Suprême Lip and Eye Contour – Containing royal jelly and kniphofia nectar, this anti-ageing lip and eye contour cream comes with a metal applicator that dispenses the product and can be used to massage the eye area. It gives a nice cooling effect, really hydrates my eye area and has a lightweight texture. I haven’t tried this on the lips though.
2. Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil – Sometimes, I use this oil on its own and at other times, I mix it in with moisturiser at nighttime. It really does wonders and in the morning, my skin is brighter, more radiant, smoother and softer. I’ve also noticed that my makeup lasts longer during the day if I use this face oil the night before.
3. Shiseido Full Lash Serum – I thought this product was a little gimmicky, but I’ve used it for a while and noticed a difference. I love the RevitaLash, but this serum by Shiseido also works and it is more affordable. With consistent use, my eyelashes now look fuller, denser and more plush. This product also doesn’t irritate my sensitive eyes.
4. Eve Lom Cleanser – I love many cleansing oils and balms, but nothing removes makeup as well as this product. This balm cleanser has a thick consistency and doesn’t smell like anything, which I love. Once rubbed into the skin, it melts off every single trace of makeup left on there. You NEED to try this! I always double cleanse with a face wash after.
5. Laneige Mini Pore Waterclay Mask – When my skin is feeling gunky and bumpy, this is my go-to clay mask that doesn’t dry out my skin. It really does remove impurities, excess sebum and tightens my pores, leaving my skin smooth, clear and more even. When it dries on the skin, your enlarged pores will be visible and it looks a little gross, but it’s so satisfying!
6. June Jacobs Neroli Hydrating Mist – Twice a day, I spritz this on after I cleanse my skin. It really revitalises my skin in the morning, and calms my senses wonderfully at night because of its stimulating scent. Its powerful anti-ageing formula is packed with anti-oxidants to nourish and pamper the skin too. I only wished that the spray mist is finer.