Check out what makeup trends are going to be big this Summer by learning how to take them straight off the runway.
The classic smokey eye, with no surprise, has made a comeback. Seen done in a vary of different ways at different shows, they all appear to share some of the same techniques so you should be able to get the looks all in one.
Get the look: Though smokey eyes can look intricate and difficult to do, a general rule of thumb of the smokey eye is not to be neat in the application process so its really much easier than it looks!
1. Get a soft black khol pencil and line all the way round your eye avoiding only the tear duct area (this doesn’t have to be perfect). If you leave the tear duct bear your eyes appear more open, therefore you will look like you have bigger eyes.
2. Take a small fluffy blending brush and smudge the line you just created to soften it and make it appear blended. You can also do this with a cotton bud.
3. Use a normal eye shadow brush and take some black eyeshadow on it. Pat the shadow onto your eye focusing mainly towards the lash line but then dragging the product up slightly.
4. Clean your brush or get a new one and use grey eyeshadow on it. Work this mainly into your crease but also drag this down slightly. This will create an easy but gorgeous gradient effect which is important in a good smokey eye. Take a fluffy eye shadow brush and just blend all the products into each other.
5. Apply mascara and keep your lips bare as you do not want to detract attention from the eyes.
Clean and bare
The next frequently seen makeup look on the runway was hardly a ‘makeup look’ as models were as barefaced, or appeared to be, as possible. This look is great for a Summer day as it is fresh and not heavy at all.
Get the look: The key to nailing this look is making sure you skin looks dewy and glowing in stead of matte and cakey as the whole point is to look fresh and ready for a day out in the sun.
1. Moisturise your skin before you put your foundation on, an illuminating moisturiser would work well as it will give you that extra glow. Use a light coverage foundation, this look needs to be as natural as possible so you don’t want your foundation to cover up all your flaws, you just want it to even out your skin tone.
2. Conceal any blemishes you have. Use a separate concealer that is lighter in colour and use this on your under eyes, this will make your eyes appear a lot more awake and will make you look more fresh faced, hiding dark circles.
3. Apply a light pink, rosey blusher. Cream blushers work well with this look as they are easy to blend and look like a natural flush of colour on the skin.
4. Moisturise your lips with a good lip balm, use a tinted one if you want in stead of a lipgloss as the colour won’t be as harsh.
The Bold Lip
The next look requires more or less the same base makeup as the previous look as you want to keep it as minimal as possible. This style is a great way to look put together and fashion forward with hardly any effort at all!
Get the look: Do not let a fear or caution of bright-coloured lipstick hold you back from this look as it is a super fast and super cute way to look put together this summer!
1. Follow the base makeup instructions from the previous look, keeping it at a minimal.
2. Make sure your lips are exfoliated and completely not dry as matte lipstick makes dry lips all the more apparent.
3. Apply your lipstick with a lip brush to be precise as with bold colours you will want to be careful!