Who doesn’t love cozying up in front of the television and munching on popcorn while enjoying she-shows? We know all of you may have your very own versions of guilty pleasure, and we’re pretty sure these female-skewed TV series could be one of them. Whether you’re into humour, horror, mystery or drama, we reckon that every young female should check out these TV shows below!
1. Pretty Little Liars – If you think PLL is a typical girly TV show, you’re so very wrong. This drama mystery-thriller series has just premièred its 5th season and every episode since the beginning has been absolutely heart-stopping. After the disappearance of their friend, four young teens started receiving messages from a mysterious figure named “A”, in which the girls then try to hunt down. As the show goes on, the girls discover more and more about “A” and risk their lives every time they find a new clue. With four hotties embodying totally different personalities working together to solve a giant mystery, we just can’t get enough of PLL!
2. Gossip Girl – Every girl loves a little drama and Gossip Girl is the perfect epitome of that. Featuring a star-studded and absolutely gorgeous cast, spectacular fashion inspiration as well as all you’d want your life to be like and more, Gossip Girl is revolves around the lives of privileged young adults in Manhattan’s Upper East Side in New York City. Money, sex, love, betrayal and more, this TV show is highly addictive and it’s rare for any female to say they did NOT enjoy GG.
3. Orange is the New Black – Ever wondered how it would be like living in a female prison? Orange is the New Black would be your answer. Piper Chapman, a woman in her thirties was sentenced to 15 months in federal prison after being convicted of transporting dirty money for her drug-dealing girlfriend. She then shares her experiences of being in a women’s prison. It is fascinating, entertaining and surprisingly, there are a few life lessons to learn from it.
4. Girls – Want something fun and humorous? Look no further than Girls. Created by and starring Lena Dunham as well as some of her real life experiences, this TV show follows a group of twenty-somethings living in New York City. Between their quirky personalities and trying to figure their lives out, this is a witty, brilliant, brutally honest and hilarious show you should never miss. There are four seasons so far, so start catching up right now!
5. American Horror Story – If eerie shows are right up your alley, this miniseries-based horror TV show would be perfect for you. With tremendously high ratings and a critically acclaimed repertory cast, each season features a different setting, story and brand new excitement. As of now, there are four seasons in total revolving around a haunted house, insane asylum, a witch coven and a freak show.