Taking showers can become a chore especially after a long day. When all you want to do is to get yourself clean and be done with it, you often forget to relax, let loose and unwind. For this reason, we love using body scrubs in the shower to pamper ourselves a little more. Body scrubs nourish the skin really well, smell heavenly and make your skin feel amazing after! These scrubs typically exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells on the surface to reveal silky, smooth and soft skin. Some people only use body scrub on their legs, but why the hell not do the whole shebang?! Different body scrubs have various scents, exfoliants and textures, so it all depends on what floats your boat. Here are five that we really like!
1. Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Oat, Sugar and Shea Breakfast Scrub – We cannot stress enough how lovely this scrub is! With ingredients like oats, banana, sugar, shea butter, almond and honey, this scrub will leave you smelling like sweet maple syrup and it is the best feeling in the whole wide world. It’s gritty in texture and rubs on the skin really well.
2. fresh The Original Brown Sugar Body Polish – fresh products are on the pricier side, but if you’ve got the moolah to splurge, you should really try this out. It is filled with some of the most nourishing oils such as evening primrose oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond oil, and will leave your skin feeling luxuriously smooth. It is thick, coarse but still not too abrasive, and you will definitely marvel at the results.
3. Sephora Collection Soothing Body Scrub in Mango – For the price, this is a great basic scrub to try out. It is pretty gentle, comes in an easy squeeze tube and leaves your skin feeling touchably soft. This product also comes in plenty of other scents, so head on down to the nearest Sephora outlet near you to take a few whiffs before making a selection!
4. The Body Shop Raspberry Body Scrub – This scrub looks like jam and isn’t too gritty, in case you’re looking for something a little bit more gentle on the skin. It smells deliciously fruity and it is filled with tons of antioxidants that will benefit the skin. It can feel a little weird spreading this product on because of its texture, but it’s totally worth it.
5. Burt’s Bees Cranberry and Pomegranate Body Scrub – All Burt’s Bees products are 100% natural, so you’ll be tempted to put this scrub in your mouth because it smells that good! Again, this is a little gritty in texture and contains tons of nourishing oils that would soak up into your skin. It does feel a little oilier compared to most scrubs, but after you’ve towelled off, there will be no need for any body butters or lotions for extra hydration.