Three years ago, mother of eight, Natasha Marie Harris died from her unhealthy habit of drinking too much Coca-Cola. Harris drank up to 10 liters of Coke a day. The recommended daily caffeine intake for the average person is only 400mg.
Her partner, Christopher Hodgkinson said, “The first thing she would do in the morning was have a drink of Coke, and the last thing she would do in the day was have a drink of Coke by her bed”.
According to sources, Ms Harris’ teeth had been pulled out because they have become rotten, and that at least one of her children was born without tooth enamel.
Just recently, a decision was released where coroner, David Crear found that the 30-year-old mother from New Zealand, died of cardiac arrhythmia caused by the effects of caffeine and poor nutrition. She also smoked about 30 cigarettes a day and ate very little.
In court, Mr Hodgkinson said that she had been unwell up to a year before her death. She had been vomiting up to six times a week, but had no suspicion that the soft drink addiction was the cause. Instead, they believed it was caused by the stress of looking after eight children and gynecological problems.
“It is more than likely that the drinking of very large quantities of Coke was a substantial factor that contributed to the development of the metabolic imbalances which give rise to the arrhythmia”, said coroner Crear.
Natasha Marie Harris died on February 25, 2010 from cardiac arrest.
(Source: The Telegraph)