When it comes to our self-care and skincare routine, we love a good DIY moment. We’re all about teaching ways to use products in our kitchen as beauty treatments, from our Strawberry Foaming Salt Scrub to our Therapeutic Drinks to cure insomnia. Enter our newest creation: a matcha green tea face scrub rich in antioxidants that can brighten and renew your skin as you age gracefully.
If you don’t already know, matcha powder can help boost the skin’s antioxidant levels, energizing it, and enhancing firmness while leveling out skin tone. Green tea’s matcha is also antibacterial, both orally and topically, in addition to being anti-inflammatory. If paired with other skin-boosting ingredients like sugar cane, it can aid in resurfacing the texture of the skin due to its natural product of glycolic acid.
We also urge you to add a few drops of rosehip oil, grapeseed oil, as well as one tablespoon of aloe vera. These three, when mixed together, can aid in the reduction of discolouration (hyperpigmentation, for example) and fine wrinkles while nourishing the skin. And, because it’s antibacterial, antimicrobial, and highly moisturizing, aloe vera can banish the appearance of acne and red spots.
Too much skin goodness in one simple DIY!
What you need:
- ½ cup sugar cane
- 2 tablespoons rosehip oil
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera
- 1 tablespoon raw organic honey
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 teaspoon frankincense essential oil (or essential oil of choice)
How to make a matcha face scrub:
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar cane to a mixing bowl.
- Add carrier oils, rosehip and grapeseed. Stir until the liquid and sugar are no longer separated.
- Add the aloe vera, honey, matcha green tea powder, and essential oil, mixing until all ingredients are no longer separated.
- Store in a glass container and keep it in a cool area. Since it’s all-natural, use it within one week of making the scrub.
- Use the face scrub no more than 1-2 times a week, incorporating it into your skincare routine.
More on DIY skincare? Read this:
Make Your Own Overnight Turmeric Mask For A Healthy, Glowing And Radiant Skin!