How relatable is this?! When all you want to do is pose for a chic pic for Instagram, more often than not, your hands just look unnatural and awkward, even after 30 snaps later. Well, wave the weirdness goodbye as here are some tips and tricks on exactly what to do with your hands when posing for pics.
1. Freely tuck your hands in the pockets – The trick here is to gently slip your fingers into the pockets but keep most of your hands showing. Make sure to relax so that your shoulders and arms aren’t stiff.
2. Lean back slightly and let your arms fall simply – Give your back a little stretch by drawing back your shoulders and arms a tiny bit behind you. Then, let your arms fall loosely. It always works.
3. Form a 90 degree angle with your arms – All the fashion bloggers do this! You can either place one arm in front at the waist and let the other hang loose, or do the former and pull the other arm up nearby the face.
4. Place one hand on the hip – This classic pose looks very staged when you grip tightly on your waist. Keep your posture casual, place one hand on the hip, relax your wrist and let your shoulders fall naturally.
5. Clench onto your purse strap – This works like a charm. If you have a shoulder bag on, just use one hand to cling onto the strap delicately. Carrying a clutch? It’s a no-brainer then.
6. Pretend to pick at your fingers – This sounds strange, but it legitimately works and looks good in photos. Place your arms beside you and lift your hands in front of the belly button like you’re going to touch your jewellery or fingertips.
7. Hold onto something – It could be your Starbucks drink, a glass of champagne, your skirt or your sunnies. Just try to work the item into the shot!