Prepare a western delicious dish for your family… Homemade cheddar burger with Tarragon Russian dressing by Chef Laurent Tourondel. brushes burger with butter while they’re on the grill. The natural sugars caramelize, making the meat extra-delicious. Here’s the recipe:
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup(s) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounce(s) thickly sliced bacon
- 1 1/3 pound(s) ground beef chuck
- 1 1/3 pound(s) ground beef sirloin
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ounce(s) sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 6 slices
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 6 slice(s) tomato
- 6 slice(s) of red onion
How to prepare
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the ketchup, red wine vinegar, onion, parsley, tarragon, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat, turning once, until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain and cut the bacon into large pieces.
- Light a grill and fill a large bowl with ice water. Gently mix the ground chuck with the ground sirloin, salt, and pepper.
- Form the meat into six 4-inch patties, about 1 1/4 inches thick. Submerge the patties in the cold water and let soak for 30 seconds.
- Immediately transfer the burgers to the grill and brush with some of the melted butter.
- Grill over high heat for 9 minutes for medium-rare meat, turning once or twice and brushing occasionally with butter.
- Top the burgers with the cheese during the last minute of grilling and let melt.
- Spread the Russian dressing on the buns. Set the lettuce leaves and tomato slices on the bottom halves and top with the burgers, red onion, and bacon.
- Close the burgers, cut in half, and serve right away.