Short on time in the mornings but still want your hair to look flattering and sassy? Try these super quick, no-heat, hassle-free and easy hairstyles to make it seem like you’ve put a ton of effort into your hair when you really didn’t. Forget the curling wands, straightening irons and complicated braids because ain’t nobody got time for that when you’re running late! Here are five pretty everyday hairstyles that we love:
1. Cheat Fishtail Braid – Comb all your hair to one side. Tie with an elastic. With one hand, hold on to the hair about two inches below the elastic. With the other hand, use your thumb and index finger to poke through the hair, separating it in half, then pull all of the hair through the hole you just made. Repeat this until you’ve reached the end, secure with an elastic and remove the first elastic you put in your hair.
2. Headband Tuck – Put an elastic headband over your head, making sure that it is neat. Then, starting at the sides of your head, take your hair section by section and tuck it through the headband until you run out of hair. Once you’ve tucked all the hair through the headband, secure with some bobby pins. You can mess this up however you like for a super quick and effortless updo.
3. Braided Top Knot – Tie your hair in a really high ponytail. Loosely braid the ponytail and secure with an elastic. Then, twist the braid into a little bun and secure with some bobby pins.
4. Twisted Ponytail – Depending on where your parting is, section off one big chunk of hair at the front of your head and do a French braid, then secure with an elastic. After that, just gather all your hair, including the braid, and tie a ponytail like you normally would. This adds a little oomph to a regular ponytail and keeps your bangs out of your face!
5. Boho Twists – For a somewhat boho chic look, this always works. Firstly, part your hair in the middle of your head. Then, on one side, take a small section of hair and twist it, place it at the back of your head, then secure the twist with a bobby pin. Repeat on the other side and loosen the twist a little to perfect your look.