Need a pop of colour on your nails for summer? We’ve got a super easy manicure tutorial that you can do without the fuss of any professional nail art tools. It looks chic, fun and effortless, making it seem like you’ve put in tons of effort into your nails when you really didn’t. This manicure is inspired by the drybrush technique which is simply a painting technique in which a paint brush is relatively dry but still holds a little amount of paint, just enough to create a scratchy look that appears to be fancy and unique. Scroll down for the tutorial!
You’ll need: Base coat, top coat, white nail polish, five nail polishes of your choice in summery colours, piece of paper, Q-tip, nail polish remover
1. Always protect your natural nails by applying a base coat before proceeding with any manicure.
2. Paint all of your nails white. We applied two coats to make sure that the colour is even and opaque.
3. Starting with any colour, dab off the nail polish on both sides of the brush against the neck of the bottle.
4. Then, continue to dab off the excess colour on the piece of paper you have prepared. Now, you can proceed to dab the colour on your nails like so. Use a light hand, making sure that there is very little colour left on the nails.
5. Finally, layer on different colours by repeating steps 3 and 4 until you’ve achieved a look that you desire. If needed, use a Q-tip and some nail polish remover to clean up around your nails.
6. Complete your manicure with a top coat to seal in your design.
If you do try out this manicure, show us your nail art via Instagram by tagging us at #lipstiqdotcom or @lipstiqdotcom. Have fun, girls! 😉