When your social media feed is abundant with photos after photos of A-listers donning spectacular outfits, you’d know something big went down. If there’s one night of the year when you’re sure fashion won’t disappoint, it would have to be the Met Gala and this year was no exception. During the prestigious night, tons of celebs delivered truly amazing ensembles that stole the show and we couldn’t help but to keep closely updated. But of course, wherever there are diamonds shining brightly, there are also those less than dazzling ones. Here are our picks for the best and worst dressed celebs at the 2014 Met Gala.
1. Charlize Theron – Fierce and glamorous, we love how the actress paired this flattering Dior gown with a structured blazer for that added oomph.
2. Karolina Kurkova – The print, neckline and the structured volume on this Marchesa gown works together for a statement-making piece that cannot be overlooked on the red carpet.
3. Suki Waterhouse – Everything about the model’s look screams perfection. Her gorgeous tulle Burberry gown complements her skin tone, updo and her dark red lip.
4. Emma Stone – It was refreshing to see Emma in a top and skirt by Thakoon. She looks sleek and sexy, and even though her outfit was all pink, it was nicely well-balanced.
5. Hailee Steinfeld – The young actress stuns the crowd in a gorgeous, structured monochrome Prabal Gurung gown.
6. Lupita Nyong’o – Lupita sports a chain mail Prada gown that turned heads. It’s out of the ordinary and she looks stunning in it. The only thing we didn’t like were the matchy matchy accessories.
7. Kendall Jenner – Chic and effortless, Kendall’s pale pink corseted fishtail Topshop gown looks fantastic on her.
8. Blake Lively – Ryan Reynolds’ ladylove stepped out on the red carpet in a jaw-dropping Gucci gown that looks like it was made just for her. By far one of the best ensembles of the night!
9. Victoria Beckham – The queen of minimalism once again proves that less is more and you don’t need to put on a ton to make your mark.
10. Georgia May Jagger – Although the model’s Thierry Mugler gown has a deep-plunging neckline, it somehow didn’t come off as too revealing and she looks super classy.
1. Rita Ora – The singer’s Donna Karan Atelier gown would have been fantastic on its own without the weird strap around her arm and her way over the top strappy heels.
2. Sandra Lee – Gosh, monster bride from the 80’s?
3. Shailene Woodley – This gown just looks way too bizarre. The different fabrics and prints are just dizzying. We really don’t get it.
4. Katie Holmes – This Marchesa gown is of the most unattractive shade of yellow ever and all the creasing just makes it look super aged. Doesn’t she remind you of Belle from Beauty and the Beast?
5. Kate Upton – We’re extremely disappointed in Kate’s Little Bo Peep look because we know deep down that she can do so much better.
6. Zoe Saldana – Sorry Zoe, we really hate the tiered puffball skirt that comes with this Michael Kors gown.
7. Solange Knowles – We dig the colour, but not the bulky silhouette that makes her body look way too bottom heavy.
8. Sarah Jessica Parker – Yes, it is an Oscar de la Renta, but this gown in particular is way too overwhelming from the front and the back. Also, what’s with the tacky gloves?
9. Lea Michele – Wearing Joseph Altuzarra, she looks a little too glitzy gold and her ageing updo didn’t do her any justice.
10. Kristen Stewart – The star’s Chanel dress just has way too much going on and too many kinds of fabrics incorporated into one.