Looking back, 2012 was a unique year in celebrity history. Hearts were broken, some found love, and we even had lost some of the biggest music icons to date. Here’s our list of the top celebrity news of 2012.
1. The world was in deep sorrow when we had lost the original ‘Voice’ this year, Whitney Houston. The African-American songstress who had a voice like no other, was reportedly found dead in a bath tub from drug overdose. The singer who had spent the past few decades battling drug abuse, was known for her top hits like ‘I Wanna Dance with Somebody’ and ‘I Will Always Love You’.
2. The top story in Splitsville that shocked us the most was Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes‘ story. The couple, who had been married for over five years and share a daughter together, called it quits this year. It was the most shocking piece of celebrity news this year, and it also left us heartbroken about their daughter, Suri too.
3. After Demi and Ashton split in 2011, Ashton was seen hooking up with ex co-star on That 70’s Show, Mila Kunis. Despite the split, we can’t begin to explain how perfect they must be together.
4. With break-ups, comes the union of two lovebirds. Reality star, Kim Kardashian and rapper, Kanye West were shacking up already, just several months after she her 72-day marriage to Kris Humphries.
5. Our favorite Royal Couple, the Prince William and Duchess Kate (aka the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge) recently announced Kate’s pregnancy just months ago. The world waited in anticipation after she was admitted into hospital for severe morning sickness, but fashion gurus are also predicting her elegant pregnancy-wear, and even baby names.
6. It’s a race to the alter for Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux, and her ex-husband, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Apparently, Jennifer has conveniently planned the wedding date to Justin on the same date as Angelina. Shocker? Quite so!
7. 2012 was a sad year for some couples as most of them ended in break-ups or divorce. The biggest shocker had to be Heidi Klum and Seal, who had been married for seven years, and renewed their vows annually. The couple cited they had ‘grown apart’, despite all the love and respect they had for one another throughout the relationship.
8. In the celebrity bundle-of-joy list, power couple Beyonce and Jay-Z finally welcomed their daughter, Blue Ivy. We still can’t get over how adorable that name is.
9. Of all the feuds we found quite amusing, was the battle of the divas – Mariah Carey vs Nicki Minaj. The two who are judges on the new season of American Idol. Apparently, Nicki was allegedly being rude to Mariah, and even claimed to be in fear of her safety on set. Nicki was caught on camera verbally abusing Mariah on the set of American Idol. They’ve eventually resolved the issue and still should be on good terms..for now.
10. Pop music’s cutest couple, Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez were on rocky shores this year after they split up in November. However, things seem (and don’t seem) to be picking up as they’ve been spotted together. Their on-and-off relationship seems to be hurting ‘Jelena’ fans, but they were recently seen snuggling and canoodling just before Christmas at an airport in California.