The 2016 American Music Awards aired Sunday evening and some of the biggest stars in music brought out their fiercest looks thus far. Here are six of them who really brought the heat:
1. Chrissy Teigen – John Legend’s wife Chrissy definitely takes the cake for the most skin-baring look of the night in a black, long-sleeved gown with the highest slit of life that literally went all the up to her underarms on her left. On the right, the gown cut up to her hip. Believe it or not, the cutout dress was merely held together by two safety pins on either side. It’s safe to say her amazing post-baby bod was the star of the show.
2. Gigi Hadid – This year, Gigi co-hosted the AMAs and got everyone talking as she delivered an epic Melania Trump impression while poking fun at the First Lady’s RNC speech that was plagiarised from Michelle Obama. That aside, her red carpet outfit deserved an award of its own. She proved that she’s a force to be reckoned with in a breathtaking, white Roberto Cavalli laced number that’s see-through, yet tasteful. A high fashion doily, if you will.
3. Hailee Steinfeld – Damn, Hailee looks bomb. The Edge of Seventeen star rocked a gorgeous and glimmering green Elie Saab cocktail number with a plunging neckline and brought along her on-screen brother Blake Jenner for photos on the red carpet at the AMAs. Finished with a sultry eye look, red lip, ethereal hair and gold sandals, she was nothing short of stunning. Who says she needed Taylor Swift’s squad to stand out on her own?
4. Selena Gomez – The 24-year-old made her first public appearance at the 2016 AMAs since August after calling off her world tour to deal with anxiety and depression stemming from lupus, and reminded everyone why she still deserves to be in the spotlight. The Best Female Artist award winner delivered an emotional speech in a regal red Prada scoop neck gown, paired with a slicked back ponytail.
5. Lady Gaga – Lady Gaga gave her first American Music Awards performance in three years with a stripped-down rendition of “Million Reasons” that was beyond emotional, and prior to that, she walked the red carpet in a sleek, white Brandon Maxwell pantsuit paired with the wide-brimmed hat she’s been sporting since her new album Joanne was released in October. Looking mighty powerful in white, Gaga.
6. Ciara – Even in monochrome, 31-year-old second time momma to be Ciara’s pregnancy glow steals the limelight. The singer, who is expecting a child with husband Russell Wilson whom she married in July this year, looked super chic in a turtleneck black and white high-low gown with a gathered skirt. We hope her son Future Zahir, whom she had with ex fiancé Future, will be excited for his new sibling!